Prometheon

Yes! Fuck Yeah!

I know, it's such bullshit.

The first time, I admit, I wasn't ready. And it was during the worst blizzard of the year. So I ull up to a stop sign, try to stop, and the brakes just don't work. I skid right through the intersection. THAT was bad.

Then I failed for not looking both ways at a railroad crossing. Except I did look both ways. Apparently I didn't do it 'soon enough'. Frigging thieves.

i thought you were older.. but congrats anyways. i should be gojng for mine soon. i need to call and book it. i can get it after may 16th, but i don't know how to park or anything yet. i just need a date to work towards.

Congrats!! They make sure everyone fails at least once, money money . . .

I managed to get my G2 first try, but failed my first G attempt for not looking both ways at a green light . . .

I was one of the first people to go through that process in 1994 and I passed all phases on my first try. Yay me!

i thought you were older..

Well I'm 19 in Septmeber. I just kinda failed for awhile. Then again, I dunno how old you thought I was.

And I am the king of `sauga biatch! DOn't make me meet you for a Square 1 throwdown

g1- can drive with someone who has had their g (highest licence level possible)for at least 4 years

g2- can drive without anyone else. no alcohol allowed in vehicle

g- full driver, can have alcohol, etc.

Yep, graduated, that's what it stands for.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why my licence had 4 red squares below my picture, then someone told me that it meant I was allowed to be the "front seat passenger" for someone with their G1. Very exciting. I would then let my 18 year old friends drive my hung over ass around. Good times.

g1- can drive with someone who has had their g (highest licence level possible)for at least 4 years

Ah, I too was wondering what the hell you were talking about.

I always thought it was

L- Learner's (You get it at sixteen by writing a written exam, and can drive with an adult in the car and one other passenger besides family)

N- New (you don't need an adult, but are only aloud one passenger besides family)

And then you have your license.

And I am the king of `sauga biatch! DOn't make me meet you for a Square 1 throwdown

you can have your precious square one, just leave me streetsville.

Psh, you can have Streetsville. I hate every fucking inch of it.

You didn't go to Streetsville Secondary did you?

To everyone else: Yeah, the Canadian liscencing system sucks balls.

In Calgary it's;

Learners - only drive with a licenced person age 18+

Graduated licence - drive by yourself, can't drive between 1-5am, 0 alcohol tolerance, your last year of the 2 year probation you can't get a any tickets or the probation is extended (I believe that's how it works) then you have to take another test for the full licence.

With a G license, you can have alcohol in the vehicle? With any license, that doesn't sound like a good idea. Here in California, they'll pull you over if you have an unopened bottle of liquor / beer in the backseat.

Not like I'd ever drink and drive though, I just find it funny you can have a license that will let you do that.

Edited by matrix

I know that with a full G you can have some blood alcohol, just a low amount. Wheras with your G2, you can't have ANYTHING. If you go to the bar, have 2 beers, and then try to drive an hour or two later, you'll be screwed.

incorrect. you can have alcohol in the vehicle, unopened of course, you just can't have any alcohol in you(tee-hee), the driver.

I got my G a year or two ago, I also passed all my tests first time through. You kids that fail just suck at the drive, and it's therefore good they fail you.