Matt

Canada Russia '72

I loved it. I thought it was cool how they used all the exact same equipment relevant to the time. the hair was the same, the language, overall really believable.maybe a part of that has to do with the fact that they're all no name actors, so nobody is typecast. and it was fun figuring out who was who. they also didn't over dramatize hendersons goal, which I thought was a good move. they made a genuine effort to re-enact it the way it actually happened. the guy played Dryden had an uncanny resemblance, in appearance and mannerisms.

the only thing that bothered me was that I would have liked it to have been a major motion picture, but because it's canadian all we get is another low budget canadian series like everything else. the U.S. has their miracle on ice, and Canada gets this.

I loved it. I thought it was cool how they used all the exact same equipment relevant to the time. the hair was the same, the language, overall really believable.maybe a part of that has to do with the fact that they're all no name actors, so nobody is typecast. and it was fun figuring out who was who. they also didn't over dramatize hendersons goal, which I thought was a good move. they made a genuine effort to re-enact it the way it actually happened. the guy played Dryden had an uncanny resemblance, in appearance and mannerisms.

the only thing that bothered me was that I would have liked it to have been a major motion picture, but because it's canadian all we get is another low budget canadian series like everything else. the U.S. has their miracle on ice, and Canada gets this.

I agree it would be cool if it were a major motion picture, but then they would have to cut out a significant portion of the movie. It could still be good, but as is, it's still far better than "Miracle".

yeah it was really good, but, there was so much potential for it to be more theatrical. the production of the game play could have been so much better, a soundtrack would have added a lot. I'm not sayin they should have made it like the mighty ducks - which i did enjoy - but there's nothing more exciting or climactic than a game 7, especially when an entire nation's pride is at stake. And you've got communist russia as the antagonist, you couldn't write a story better than that. it seems like such a waste.

they could have easily developed characters and mood in the average length of a major picture, even more so no doubt.

there's a reason why trailer park boys is the best canadian made show. the nature of the show not only allows but demands that it's cheaply made. their entire budget is about 1/4 of what jennifer aniston made per episode on friends.

Guest jsunC

I never saw it, but i remember Don Cherry saying that it was really accurate, except for the fact that they over celebrated on Hendersons goal.