icantremember1989

Gig Size

yes, for pacific colliseum(or B.C. Place, can't remember), they did open for Aerosmith [i didn't see it but classmates in Gr. 10 went and had told me MGB sucked]. They've also played that show with Moist and Gob at the PNE Colliseum. You can't forget to include all the festival shows they've played like Snow Jam, Edgefest and Arts County Fair.

I think the fun question would be what's the smallest crowd you've seen Matt or MGB play in. For me, I think it was the Coquitlam HMV in-store but for an actual show I guess it'd be the Party at the Peak Coors Light show up on Grouse [but that included contest winners who didn't even know the band's music]

MGB played The Forks in Winnipeg (over 50,000) right when Loser Anthems was released. I heard that that was the biggest MG/MGB concert ever.

edit: I should add that it was a free concert celebrating Canada Day, but it was big.

Edited by Gob

MGB played The Forks in Winnipeg (over 50,000) right when Loser Anthems was released. I heard that that was the biggest MG/MGB concert ever.

edit: I should add that it was a free concert celebrating Canada Day, but it was big.

Even more awesome is that 50,000 people showed up for that show in Winnipeg...that's like, half the population! (j/k)

MGB played The Forks in Winnipeg (over 50,000) right when Loser Anthems was released.  I heard that that was the biggest MG/MGB concert ever.

Even more awesome is that 50,000 people showed up for that show in Winnipeg...that's like, half the population! (j/k)

Winnipeg's population is around 650,000. Cut us some slack we're not as small as many think (Regina, Sk. has about 190,000).

Ya the size difference of the shows then compared to now definitely have to do with the fact that Matt was at the "height" of his mainstream popularity with the band at the time. The singles were flowing on radio and the videos were constantly played on Much. Now he has his strong following that have come along with him and followed his solo stuff. I don't think he's at the point where he's picking up tons of new fans anymore, but that's just fine with me. I'll see Matt at a smaller venue over a large one anyday!

saw him play as Matt Good (not the band) at convention centre in hamilton, which has to hold upwards of 3 000 people. he also played event in the tent a few years ago in st. catharines in front of another 2 000 or so.

Great musicians have the ability to perform a show with hundreds of fan watching but also have the ability to make you fell as if the entire show is only for you. Having large show take away from this effect and therefore make the artist seem less impressive or a sell out. Matt has always attempted to stay below the lights and never become main stream. One of the reasons why Matt dropped his band, he was in a coma when he was with his band. Maybe Matt deserves credit for dropping his band and giving his fans a higher quality show.

Matthew Good Band Headlined at the London Western Fair a couple years, and I guarantee there was at least 5,000 people there every time. or at The Grand Bend Motorplex, they easily get 4,000 in there, and matt's headlined there twice I do believe.

they played the ACC with moist once.

I know they did a tour with Moist and Gob. That was the first time I met MG.

And I know that Moist played Arts County the next year.. But MG wasn't there. Was this an earlier ACC?