Raconteurs.jpg

the raconteurs are brendan benson, jack white, jack lawrence and patrick keeler.

the project spawned from a song the benson and white had written called "steady as she goes". when they had the time, they got together with the other two band members (of the greenhorns) to record an album, entitled broken toy soldiers. comes out may 15th (although you can find it online relatively easy).

benson and white share vocal duties. the music itself is in the same garage rock vein as the white stripes, although, it has more depth due to the presence of more instruments.

these guys are fantastic.

The Raconteurs - Steady as She Goes

The Raconteurs - Level

Edited by borntohula

those songs are fucking great, i guess if you're not a fan of jack white you won't dig it, but i am and i do and i would be a lot happier if i knew how to say that name

also, the dude with glasses needs to be having sex with me RIGHT NOW

sorry

those songs are fucking great, i guess if you're not a fan of jack white you won't dig it, but i am and i do and i would be a lot happier if i knew how to say that name

also, the dude with glasses needs to be having sex with me RIGHT NOW

sorry

i'm not the biggest fan of jack white, or havent been recently at least, and i dont think you really need to be for you to enjoy this band.

RAH CON TERR S

the dude who's bones you wish to jump is jack lawrence. in an interview they referred to him as "little jack", i think.

MAn I totally (heart) Steady as She Goes. I'ts a killer osng to listen to... well any time btu expecially high.

I thought my friend Bekcy would love it, because it's the epitome of everythign that is her, down to that she actually says 'Steady as she Goes" but she heard it for like a minute, and was all this bites. Then we crashed her car, so she really doesn't like it.

But seriously, killer.

Steady As She Goes is pretty good, but not enough to warrant buying the album... what about the other stuff?

Heh, they're guaranteed to have better drumming than The White Stripes at least.

Edit: I'm hearing Level right now. Not sure I like the synthy effects stuff but the rest is pretty awesome. You guys might be on to something here...

Further Edit: Okay, listening to Hands now, and I'm loving the Beatles-esque singing, and how so far all their songs rock but are still really laid back. I think I'm gonna have to make a trip to HMV tomorrow.

Edited by kirbenvost

so i have heard that song of theirs a few times, and it is a goody, but does anyone have the album? is it worth buying, does it have the same feel as steady as she goes? let me know. i am very interested.

^ Yeah, I bought it after I made that post and it is definitely worth it to me! A lot of songs have the same kind of feel as Steady As She Goes... hmm, how to explain. There is some Stripes sound in there due to Jack White but it's definitely different. They also don't just come off as some retro-rock-wannabe band, they have their own sound. Probably 3/4 of the songs are really awesome while the rest are still pretty darn cool. Not a bad one on the disc, I recommend buying it.

Then you'll like The Raconteurs. The only similarity is of course the singing because it's Jack White, and a little of the guitar playing. Everything else is way better.

Go to hype.non-standard.net and do a search for The Raconteurs. You need flash. You'll get a nice list of streaming audio. This site comes in handy for a lot of bands as it collects audio that has been posted all over the net.

Oh, if you get any that sound chipmunky, don't worry, that's an error in the player, not the way the song sounds.

clever. you could've just said "theyre too bland" but who am i to judge?

my favorite songs of theirs would have to be the title track or "level". the album itself is fairly decent but some songs lack the oompf you'd expect from something billed by certain critics as "the next nevermind".