kent

Final Exams

hahahha i got so rolled on my Sociology 290 final yesterday. in total i put about 3 hours into studying and when i was handed my exam sheet i looked it over and just thought about how i could have used a few more hours.

i go to college in ontario.

the teachers went on strike for three weeks this semester.

we missed three weeks of school because of it.

to make up time, they have dropped exams to somewhat finish on time.

i dont know if this a good thing or a bad thing, but i know this.

the teachers went on strike because they care about my higher educations!

i like believing lies, (there was WMD in Iraq! really!)

this semester i only have a take home exam. woot woot.

Home-schooling doesn't count ;)

i'm not home schooled. although sometimes i wish i was.

by the way, your icon is awesome. i get so annoyed when i see that dude taking a bite of something on iron chef. its just so.... enthusiastic?

I've taken my Physics, Chem, Vector mechanics, and Calculus finals. All I'm sure I should've spent more time studying for, but it's almost summer and I'm in summer mode. I have one final left...I don't believe I'm going to study for that one either. I'm in engineering, YAY!

I had Chem on the 17th, and then 9 days off. Yeah, that's right. The damn administration is out to get me, i swear. They want me to fail at life.

I now have Roman History and Calculus on the 26th, Bio on the 27th, and Physics on the 30th. Then i get to go home to good old Vancouver.

I've definitely been procrastinating more than i should though... and now with the playoffs on...

I'm screwed.

That being said, I'm actually at the librry right now, supposedly studying the Roman Empire. It's working out well.

EDIT: this just in. I GOT 80% ON MY CHEM FINAL!

good ol science and their fast marking. I think that gives me somewhere around a 78 for the course. I wanted higher, but i can't bring myself to care anymore.

Edited by firestorm701

1 more and i'm done. I can't wait for Monday at 12. I'll be partaking in my tradition of dusting off Andrew W.K.'s I Get Wet and blaring it out of the windows of my truck on the ride home. I do this after my last final of every winter semester.

Edited by kent

Damn, you Canadians have finals early. I've got one week of actual classes left, and then I would have finals week... but i have NO finals that week. First time in 8 semesters, so i'm done after next week, but in the next week I have to lead 2 class discussions, take one test, take a final take home test, and write a final paper of 14 pages. Ughhhhhhhhhh.... but at least i'm done after that.

I just wrote my art history exam which was easy as hell. Next week I have world religions on Monday, english and psych on Tuesday, and sociology on Thursday...then a plane ride home to beautiful Vancouver.

Erg. Packing and exams don't mix at all.

I just wrote my art history exam which was easy as hell. Next week I have world religions on Monday, english and psych on Tuesday, and sociology on Thursday...then a plane ride home to beautiful Vancouver.

Erg. Packing and exams don't mix at all.

Wow, other than history (I took astronomy instead), you took all the same shit I did.

I've already had 4 finals (physics, English, math, earth & ocean science). I had TWO yesterday and one 2 days ago. It was quite brutal. Last one, which is comp sci, is on Tuesday. All of the finals I've taken so far have been horrid. Well, I suppose math was ok, but I realized I did something really stupid on that final when I got home. Anyways, I've concluded that I'm pretty much doomed for CS after looking at last term's final.

I've already taken my Industrial Relations exam, this week brings me four more with Business Law, Retail Management, Human Resource Management, and Sociology. All I need to do is pass my exams and then I'm done and get my diploma.

How is one to study for Busines Law when there are three NHL playoff games on television today?

Edited by Gob

I just wrote a therapeutics exam that you need to get 70% on or you fail the course (putting you a year behind and thus ruining your life), regardless of whether you are passing even with a failing grade on the final. I asked my teacher when we'll know our grade because I really think I failed. She let me peak at the key and I passed with some nice guessing. That makes me excited!

Two more finals to write (wednesday and thursday) but I'm not studying until I know my grade going in to the final. I'm not putting forth any unnecessary effort. I'll go for a run (too beautiful outside not to) and then check again and see if grades are up.

Finished my last exam! I ended my final essay on the exam with a sentence that has no point whatsoever, it doesn't conclude anything, neiter does it establish another idea. It is pretty much something like this: "Feminism sociology is nice." All i could think of was "i'm done for 4 months" and "tomorrow i leave to see Death Cab and Franz Ferdinand!"

I just wrote a therapeutics exam that you need to get 70% on or you fail the course (putting you a year behind and thus ruining your life), regardless of whether you are passing even with a failing grade on the final. I asked my teacher when we'll know our grade because I really think I failed. She let me peak at the key and I passed with some nice guessing. That makes me excited!

Two more finals to write (wednesday and thursday) but I'm not studying until I know my grade going in to the final. I'm not putting forth any unnecessary effort. I'll go for a run (too beautiful outside not to) and then check again and see if grades are up.

The class where I needed 70% on the final to pass...the teacher ended up having to curve the exam something like 15% in order to not have too many people fail.

I checked online and it said I got perfect on the final but I know I only got about 85%. Makes me laugh.