i_the_throw_away

Responses While Mentioning Matthew Good

Anyone else Experience any of These Responses??  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone else Experience any of These Responses??

• Matthew Who??
    • He's Still Around??
    • I Hear He's Such an Ass!
    • Isn't he the loser who started trashing Our Lady Peace??
    • Ohh I Love Dave Matthews(Band)
    • Yeah I know him...you like that music (confusing MG(B) with Dave Matthews Band).

I almost always get the "He's such an asshole." response. The other night I was on a date and started talking about music. When I mentioned Matthew Good, my date blurted out "Wow, that's such a coinicidence." I was hoping we shared a mutual love for Matt or something, but no. He finished with, "Earlier today, I was just thinking about what a douche he is." ;)

when i tell people i listen to Matthew Good a few things happen:

1) They then proceed to think i listen to all of the popular bands on Top 40/Rock radio..."Dude, you listen to Matthew Good? What did you think of the new Nickelback record?

2) They think that i meant Dave Matthews Band and then say how boring he is due to the jam sessions.

3) They chastise me saying that he's a dick and that they know the guy who threw the shoe (i live in regina). So far i've met over 20 people who each have a different friend that threw the shoe.

Edited by kent

Matt has ALWAYS been outspoken, and yes, earlier in his career I'd say he was kind of an asshole, and very blunt, but as he's aged, he's mellowed out.

I think it's bullshit that people won't listen to the music for the music and will base their perceptions of their music on what they've heard of an artists actions, especially one outspoken like Matt.

Matt has ALWAYS been outspoken, and yes, earlier in his career I'd say he was kind of an asshole, and very blunt, but as he's aged, he's mellowed out.

I think it's bullshit that people won't listen to the music for the music and will base their perceptions of their music on what they've heard of an artists actions, especially one outspoken like Matt.

yeah, i completely agree

although the reaction i get from most people is disinterest. just a kind of of neutral response, as people i talk with about music think he's fine but dont really care about him.

yeah, i completely agree

although the reaction i get from most people is disinterest. just a kind of of neutral response, as people i talk with about music think he's fine but dont really care about him.

That's mostly the reaction I get as well. People don't mind him or anything, they just don't listen to his music.

Well, seeing as I moved down to California six years ago, it goes without saying that most people down here have no idea who he is. Either that or they confuse him with Dave Matthews, of course.

One good thing though, I totally brainwashed my nephew into loving Matt's music.

Most people just don't say anything for me, or they like hello time bomb. And, my best friend just doesn't like him for no reason at all. I thinks it's just because there was always this competition between us and he doesn't want to like him because I do.