One of the best medical shows out in years (I hate ER).

I certainly wouldn't want Dr. House working on me, he gets everything wrong for the first 3/4 of the show.

Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs aren't bad either.

I've never watched it, but the commercials make it seems the show always follows the following format.

Strange condition that's difficult to diagnose or treat or both. The dude seems to have hunches about what it is and what should be done but everyone thinks it's totally wrong and crazy, and then it turns out he's right.

Yeah, you're pretty much right, it *is* rather formulaic. However, that's not to say it's boring. Because the cases reveal themselves in a really interesting way.

Not only that, but everyone looks forward to House's quips ;) and generally O.o behavior.

It's an awesome show, I'm glad it reallt took off. Hugh Laurie's an awesome actor.

House is a great show, but I would expect that eventually it will start to get boring because of the formulaic structure you speak of. There are only so many rare diseasesm out there, and sometimes I wonder if some of the ones they come up with are real at all.

There are only so many rare diseasesm out there, and sometimes I wonder if some of the ones they come up with are real at all.

According to a buddy who's actually studying to be in diagnostic medicine, all the diseases they come up with are real.

And sometimes the cases are just simple allergies and stuff, hidden by other things haha I think they should have no trouble "mixing it up" in that respect...so no lack of cases there.

Said medical student buddy says he personally loves watching it, and tries to solve it before House does lol

I used to watch it, because I love teevee shows with interesting characters, but Dr. Gregory House started getting on my nerves with his whole old man emo routine.

Yes, I know he got a rough hand [or rather, leg], but he enjoys the pain and misery and that's what makes him emo.

last nights episode was damn good.

i hate forman, i wouldnt be too crushed if he dies.

I think Forman's kind have become the new Chase, remember in season one Chase was the person people didn't really like, now Forman's kind have taken on that role. Anyways I think it might be good for Forman to leave the show, I think the current cast is getting a little stale, and the only character they have to keep is the show's namesake, so why not do a Law & Order type thing?

The second half of last night's episode and tonigts episode where great. I stopped watching House in favour of watching Scrubs and I stand by that choice, but for reals the conclusion to the two-parter was great, with the whole

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
Reversal of Right/Left Brain, or whatever the medical term is.
Edited by Dan #3

I've never watched the show for the medical cases. I mean sure someone gets sick blah blah borrring... but House's comments and just the way all the characters interact is what I watch for really, and by characters I mean House, Wilson, Cutty, and the other docs.

That's actually the only reason why I watch the show, I fucking hate regular medical dramas, they fucking suck, but this show's got something different.

Wilson and House's conversations are awesome ;)

But yeah, if you're watching for the medical cases...I mean I guess they're ok, but really that's not what the show is about. Most of the time the patients don't really matter. They just allow the docs to run around and converse, while House makes cracks at everyone :angry:

I watch it for the same reason. Its all about the characters. Thats why its soo good.

I also have a huge crush on Hugh Laurie.

It definitely my favourite show on TV right now. I actually just finished watching it.

Yeah, definately, I watch it for character interaction. Even though the show is generally pretty formulaic, it's the characters that just keep you interested.

And yes, Hugh Laurie is pretty damn hot.

Can someone explain to me what went on in the conscious colonoscopy episode a while ago? I saw a highlight of it on the Colbert Report and all I remember was the following:

teenage girl: oowwwwwww, it hurrrrrts!

one of several doctors: i need you to relax your anus.