jeef47

Jenni's Song

I did a search for this and didnt come up with anything, please dont hate me if this is double.

ok I just wanted to clearify something. Jenni's song is about the girl from the story "The Night Opus" correct? Not about Jen Good.

Or are both the story and the song about her?

Im just curious to know because I knowsomebody who saw jen at the gym and she said it was about her...

I always thought it was just about the girl in the story.

actually matthew has a time machine and met here a couple times over the years at different moments and reincarnations and it created the different jennys mentioned throughout his career

or maybe not

See this is really weird and I know I'm sounding like a total Matt Good n00b here but I need to get this straight in my head once and for all or I'll go on thinking the wrong thing until the day I die...

So Jenni's song isn't about Matt's wife. I can buy that as a coincidence. Didn't he just split with a woman he'd been with for several years either prior to or during the recording of Audio of Being? And, if so, where's the "Jen, I'll bring them to their knees" part come in during Truffle Pigs? I'll assume that if he met his wife in 2000 that the song could have been written after meeting and being involved with her OR it could also be a coincidence and that he's just picked the name "Jen" as his name for every chick like Springsteen uses "Mary" in every other song even though his wife's Patti but Matt's wife is, actually, Jen.

All this time I thought that he had been with his current wife, they'd split, he'd flipped out and written Audio of Being and "Truffle Pigs" and its ilk was about proving his worth to she who left but then they gotten back together.

I think the time machine theory is the best explanation.

I dunno i think it was about the first jenn .. at the end of the night opus he says when he sees something that reminds him of her or past events "he's brought to his knees by it all"... i dunno.. that line and the line in truffle pigs just seem so similiar.. you would think it was about the same girl..

I don't follow jenn's blog... so i hadn't heard that..

hmmm... but i guess it is about jenn good then..

Edited by jean_a

Truffle Pigs does make reference to Jenn Good. since Audio of Being was released in 2001, while they claim to have met in 2000. so as far as I can tell yes, and from what I know Song for a girl is also about Jen Good. but I dont think that Matt ever got back with his first real heart break. Was his first heart break also named Jen? hrmmmm...

Jenni's Song = Not Jenny Good.

Truffle Pigs = About Jenny Good.

Confirmed by both of them in past blog entries and the like.

All should be very clear now.

Edited by LexyGirl

*takes a bow*

I don't know anything about his past romances, though at the Thursday, April 20/06 show in Vancouver there was some girl in the bathroom who told me that MG had fucked her and never called her again.

What do you say to a person who discloses that in a venue bathroom?? I mean honestly.

"Damn. Sucks to be fuck and chucked. Grab a brain. Good chat. See you out there..."

I heard that conversation in the bathroom!

I figured the girl was just joking. Someone said something jokingly about Matt being an asshole ,and then she said that about sleeping with him and him not calling and I'm pretty much sure that was just a continuation of the joking.