Anyone else digging this stuff? I love the long, drawn out complexity of their songs and am anticipating their new album. In his blog, Murray Lightburn says that pepole compare him to Matt Good though I think this is bollocks. However, on the new album, there apparently will be a more stripped down sound (i.e. capable of playing live). There is a new song that was and I believe still is available for download.

Ah. If anyone has "No Cities Left", do me a favor. Listen to the opening lines of 22: The Death of All The Romance to see if it "skips". Is this just me? I've played it back in multiple formats, on the US and Canadian version, and get this error.

I'm not too fond of them. Some people raised a big fuss about how great they are in here a while ago, and so I was really disappointed with No Cities Left.

well shit. I meant to say they suck.

I saw them live here by chance, and because of my silent rule "if there's a chick in the band, they suck", I wasn't expecting too much. I guess the fact that there were two chicks meant they cancelled each other out and the show was good. Bought album. Pissed that the US got shorted a track (the best one, too). If I'd come from your position, my opinion might be different.

It's very moody music, as it's not something I'll pop in if I'm bored or something. I guess I can describe it as soundtrack, maybe.

I'm not too fond of them. Some people raised a big fuss about how great they are in here a while ago, and so I was really disappointed with No Cities Left.

I agree. When they cam to Calgary in November with Matt, I had heard nothing but good reviews about them, but when they got out there, yeash. I wanted to lose it and smash their damn keyboards.

yeah i think i hated them live. they really bored me to smithereens. i remember my friends resorting to trying to inflate the complementary codoms we got because the show was pretty lacklustre at that point. i enjoy their recorded stuff from what i've heard. which is 2-3 songs.