heyrabbit

Silent Hill

I'm not familiar with the video games, but my friends dragged me along. I have to say I enjoyed it. I'm not sure why, though.

There's not much of a plot - it follows the plot of the game, so says my friend - so I guess that's ok. It's very video gameish with a video game ending.

all the women in the movie had large tits, which I found odd. I guess that's a video game trait.

I was rather amused by the traingular-headed guy with the big sword/knife. you'll know what I mean if you watch it.

I want those two hours of my life back.

That's all i'm going to say.

I must say... the writing in the movie was amazing though. Lines like "I think there was a fire here" while standing in a building in an old scorched town, I mean, that's just brilliant.

Maybe this'll explain it better:

Edited by Kyle86

it made absolutely no sense. I understand what was happening and why it was happening... but when the darkness came, to me, it seemed like they were trying for whatever freaky imagery they could conjure up.

What was the deal with the ending? Having played the game, could you clear it up for me a bit?

Those clues they had to follow were pretty intense ;), ie. look in room 111. WOAH, they found something in room 111, who'da thunk it. Move over Da'Vinchi code.

Ha, I'm just kidding around. It's cool if you liked the movie, and I'm serious, could you explain the ending?

but when the darkness came, to me, it seemed like they were trying for whatever freaky imagery they could conjure up.

I think you just answered your own question. I haven't played the game. my friend has, he's the one who made me go see it. the whole point of the darkness is that it transforms everything in its path.

basically sharon and alessa are the same person. that's the extent of it. everything else was just a pseudo plot, an exuse for special effects.it was made to look deep, but really nothing happened. At least that's what was shown to the viewers anyway.So, that's how I took it. If there is actually some real plot behind it, nobody can be expected to understand it. You're right on that I guess. I understand why you didn't like it.

in retrospect I think the reason why I enjoyed it so much is because I was laughing my ass off throughout at how bad it was. video game movies are expected to be bad, so I never actually think of it as a bad movie. Do you know what I mean? It's a good, bad video game movie.

Edited by heyrabbit

in retrospect I think the reason why I enjoyed it so much is because I was laughing my ass off throughout at how bad it was. video game movies are expected to be bad, so I never actually think of it as a bad movie. Do you know what I mean? It's a good, bad video game movie.

Haha!

I'll give you that man, I'll give you that!

I laughed many-a-times too in the theatre. I couldn't help it.

The movie was fantastic. One of my favourites of last year. I'm glad they didn't mess it up like they SO easily could have. The games still creep you out more and have a more special scary feeling and more detailed story but I don't think they could ever replicate Silent Hill better or even as good as the games. Also the movie is much shorter so it's only obvious that the story isn't going to be as thick and detailed.

Me too. Also knowing certain parts of the movie were apparently shot in Brantford and other parts in Ontario fairly close to where I live is really cool to me. I don't for the life of me however know how I never heard of this while it was in production. I would think that would be a huge thing for a major budget movie to be shot there.