garsk

The Smashing Pumpkins Are Back Together...

I do purly because I love the Pumpkins. They are my favourite band. I just don't know if it will be the same because I've heard that James Iha and D'arcy both aren't returning. I think it would be better if James Iha came aboard and have Melissa Auf De Maur back. She was hinting that she was going to be on board. I just love the Pumpkins sooo much.

I'm pumped. It won't be the same without James and D'arcy, but I'm still really excited to see what Billy comes up with. I liked his solo album, but he needs to put some bite back into his songs.

And really, just about anything will be a step up from Machina.

I really didn't mind Machina. It wasn't "horrible" it just wasn't "great"

I mean, "Age of Innocence," "Stand Inside Your Love," and the "Everlasting Gaze" makes the whole album worth listening to.

I really didn't mind Machina. It wasn't "horrible" it just wasn't "great"

I mean, "Age of Innocence," "Stand Inside Your Love," and the "Everlasting Gaze" makes the whole album worth listening to.

machina II is way better than machina.

personally, it isnt the pumpkins to me without james and d'arcy, seeing as how corgan's two other projects both involved him and jimmy as well.

suggested titles for the new album: "ego trip" "people make mistakes" or the popular "zwan, what's a zwan?"

Machina II had some good moments. It would have been better if they were allowed to at the time to make a double disk, but they were not. Or, get rid of some of the filler on the first disk and put on some of the rockers off of Machina II like "Dross" (I really like that song), "Slow Dawn", "Cash Car Bomb," and "Here's to the Atom Bomb"

hopefully it will be good, with james, i dont know how it will sound. i hope it sounds like their earlier stuff too.

what would be the point?

i'm hoping it turns out to be like that janes addiction reunion that was sooooooooo worth everyone's time and $15. that way i can laugh at billy corgan some more.

I have ALWAYS hated the Pumpkins.

If I must listen to them, I'll tolerate Meloncholy. Other than that... It makes me angry, and I listen to music to feel every emotion except anger.. Mostly.

It makes me angry that someone so whiny could make it as a singer.

The music is no doubt tight.. But Billy Corgan is just... awful.

(IMHO)

If Machina I and II were edited down into one album it would have been a great farewell.

I will miss James' contributions to the records, but at the very least this will finally settle the question of how much of a role James played in the band, which has been the subject of debate.

I hope the new one's nice and loud, anyway.

Edited by CaptainRocket

pumpkins on tour... i hear that the last show they played at barrie for summersault they only played one of their old songs. if they play old stuff that i like/love i will definetly pay to see them. if not, their new album better be great for me to pay to see them.