RicardoObviouso

Canucks Fire Crawford

whoa. took long enough eh. he was a total whiner, and just a straight up loser with the canucks, i hate him. this is my theory. crawford will end up in T.O., and quinn will end up in vancouver again.

and to mark crawford: I used to like you when you were with Colorado, now you whine too much. Have a good life jerk.

GO AVS!!!

they might have been good coaches, but they didnt get thru to the players anymore. Especailly Crawford. the players evidently HATED him... like they wanted to Bertuzzi him. pat quinn was good, but his time in TO was too long, he shoulda gone a few years ago, after they kept losing to NJ. look at ottawa, they kept losing to TO, now they got a new coach, and they rock.

I think Crawford was an alright coach, but the team definitley needed a change.

I can't see Quinn coming back either.

Park only signed a one year contract anyway, and the way his agent was talking during an interview I heard on the radio, he definitley won't be back. Which is fine with me, because he didn't do anything all year.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Morrison go either, and that wouldn't be bad. I don't think he really fits in with the team that well...he's more of a second line centre rather than a first line. And with the Sedins as the second line, I think it might be best to see him go.

morrison is a 1st line centre because he was feeding two of the best players in the league (at the time)... anyone who has wheels and plays on a line with bertuzzi and naslund will have 60+ point seasons.. it shouldnt suprise anyone that since neither bert nor nazzy had superstar seasons that morrison didnt have a very good year.

morrison is a 1st line centre because he was feeding two of the best players in the league (at the time)... anyone who has wheels and plays on a line with bertuzzi and naslund will have 60+ point seasons.. it shouldnt suprise anyone that since neither bert nor nazzy had superstar seasons that morrison didnt have a very good year.

I expected much of morrison this year because of the great year he had in the swedish elite league last season, I believe he leading the league in scoring at one point, and it was not like there weren't any elite NHL players in the league.

I would like to see him go, as well as Bert. Park leaving is irrevelent because he was completely useless. I hope they keep Carney, Brown mavbe, but Weinrich should go. I hope they get Jovo back, but I have a feeling he wont be back. even though he screws up occasionally, i still think the good outweighs the bad. If Sakic is a free agent, they should sign him so he can finish out his career at home, centering Nassy and the replacement we get for trading bert.

Crawford needed to go. Not that he's a bad coach, it was just time for a change. The question now is, who will replace him. I hope it isn't one of the current assistants, i wouldn't mind seeing them go either. I think they should look at Ted Nolan, the dude from Buffalo who won coach of the year and was then fired for no reason. Perhaps Brent Sutter, but he is rumoured to be heading for NYI. too bad Burke already snatched Randy Carlisle. Anyone got any ideas?

I expected much of morrison this year because of the great year he had in the swedish elite league last season, I believe he leading the league in scoring at one point, and it was not like there weren't any elite NHL players in the league.

I would like to see him go, as well as Bert.  Park leaving is irrevelent because he was completely useless.  I hope they keep Carney, Brown mavbe, but Weinrich should go.  I hope they get Jovo back, but I have a feeling he wont be back.  even though he screws up occasionally, i still think the good outweighs the bad.  If Sakic is a free agent, they should sign him so he can finish out his career at home, centering Nassy and the replacement we get for trading bert.

Crawford needed to go.  Not that he's a bad coach, it was just time for a change.  The question now is, who will replace him.  I hope it isn't one of the current assistants, i wouldn't mind seeing them go either.  I think they should look at Ted Nolan, the dude from Buffalo who won coach of the year and was then fired for no reason.  Perhaps Brent Sutter, but he is rumoured to be heading for NYI.  too bad Burke already snatched Randy Carlisle.  Anyone got any ideas?

I am not sure if you'd be able to keep Jovo, along with bringing in Sakic and a replacement for Bert(depending on how much the replacement costs). Apparently the cap is going go up, but you also have to give the Sedins and Carter new contracts.

I wouldn't mind bringing Jovo back even though I am not a huge fan of his, as long as he doesn't ask for too much money.

I doubt they will get Nolan. His name always comes up when a coach gets fired, but there must be a reason he never gets hired that we don't know about. Otherwise, you'd think he would have gotten a chance a long time ago.

Maybe Alain Vigneault? He coaches the Moose right now I believe, and he was nominated for coach of the year back in 2000 when he coached Montreal.

I've read both good and bad things about Andy Murray, maybe him? I always thought he must be pretty good for keeping the Kings in playoff contention every year, considering the amount of injuries they get each season. But apparently a lot of Kings fans were glad to see him go, so I am not sure.

I think if Pat Burns did get healthy, he'd probably go back to the Devils. I've read online that he was at one of the playoff games...it might have been Sens/Lightning, and apparently he was wearing a Devils hat. Also when talking about the Devils and their playoff series, he said "we" when talking about New Jersey.

But yeah, there are a lot of possible coaches out there.

morrison is a 1st line centre because he was feeding two of the best players in the league (at the time)... anyone who has wheels and plays on a line with bertuzzi and naslund will have 60+ point seasons.. it shouldnt suprise anyone that since neither bert  nor nazzy had superstar seasons that morrison didnt have a very good year.

I would like to see him go, as well as Bert. Park leaving is irrevelent because he was completely useless. I hope they keep Carney, Brown mavbe, but Weinrich should go. I hope they get Jovo back, but I have a feeling he wont be back. even though he screws up occasionally, i still think the good outweighs the bad. If Sakic is a free agent, they should sign him so he can finish out his career at home, centering Nassy and the replacement we get for trading bert.

Crawford needed to go. Not that he's a bad coach, it was just time for a change. The question now is, who will replace him. I hope it isn't one of the current assistants, i wouldn't mind seeing them go either. I think they should look at Ted Nolan, the dude from Buffalo who won coach of the year and was then fired for no reason. Perhaps Brent Sutter, but he is rumoured to be heading for NYI. too bad Burke already snatched Randy Carlisle. Anyone got any ideas?

Brent Sutter is going to stay coaching a Jr. Team for awhile longer I suspect. The team he coaches, he currently owns. His son also plays on that team, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he wanted to make sure his son develops into a NHL draft pick.

joe sakic will not come to vancouver, gauranteed. he has spent his entire career with the quebec/colorado organization and i can bet the castle that he'll finish it there. the pressure's playing at home far outweight the advantages.. ie being harassed by old "friends" for tickets, he has family that has grown up in colorado, and its a nice place to live. sakic has never even been shopped around in his career and only accepted the offer from new York a few years back because he knew colorado would match it.

carney/weinrich will not return, they were brought on to take the place of salo and jovo, and signing jovanovski is a definite priority for the canucks. he has expressed that he wants to stay, but obviously if a strong contender shows the money, hes gone. i predict that bert wil stay and nazzy will stay, but morrison will be gone. i HOPE we can resign the two brothers and the brother, but who knows what will happen there. i can all but gauarntee that the 3rd and fourth lines will be completely revamped... maybe only keeping kesler.

Edited by one_trick_pony

ahah Joe Sakic in vancouver, thats a load of crap. HE WILL NEVER BE BAD ENOUGH TO BE A CANUCK! He also mentioned that he WILL finish his career when he is 40, after the 2010 season, playing for the Colorado Avalanche ONLY. plus the canucks dont have the money or the perks for Sakic to come over there.

and i agree with you one trick, the coaches will not flip teams. I was reading that some of the same management that was there when Quinn was there, is still there, so there is no chance of a Quinn comeback. I think he should go live under a rock.