SOLID GOLD

Dale Earnhardt Jr.?!?!?

ok. so i was loaded tonight. trying to pack up to move home after graduating college. and i was listening to MG after i got back from the bar. Picked up In a Coma and read through it... In the "Thank you's" there is a thank you to Dale Earnhardt Jr.

... what's the deal? NASCAR sucks. I know NASCAR is (unfortunately) the largest spectator sport in the US but it's really really gay. Why does Matt thank Dale Earnhardt Jr.?

... if anything he should thank Dale Earnhardt Sr. for dying and proving how pointless NASCAR really is.

Ooops, out of bounds? Oh well.

He's from Canada and he's thanking a NASCAR driver over a hockey player?!? Please, please tell me that's a joke. ;)

He thanks a lot of people in those liner notes... In fact, for someone who hates Nascar so much, you seem to know enough about it to know about Dale Earnhardt... I wasn't really aware of him.

Anyway, I don't know why he is thanked. Maybe it is simply a random name inserted to drive conspiracy freaks nuts.

He thanks a lot of people in those liner notes... In fact, for someone who hates Nascar so much, you seem to know enough about it to know about Dale Earnhardt... I wasn't really aware of him.

Anyway, I don't know why he is thanked. Maybe it is simply a random name inserted to drive conspiracy freaks nuts.

dude, I know enough about NASCAR to know about Dale Earnhardt? Yeah, Dale Earnhardt (jr. or sr.) is NASCAR. And they suck. I know about NASCAR because i live in America, and i know about Dale Earnhardt because of that. Knowing about NASCAR apart from either Earnhardt seems strange... and thanking either one of them in your album seems even stranger...

Matt is friends with Dale Earnhardt Jr. He is in the Anti-Pop video with Matt.

yeah

get your facts straight before you start mouthing off

Dale Jr. is a huge fan of matt's, so matt invited him to do the anti-pop video

if you actually took the time to watch the commentary on the DVD on anti-pop, you wouldn't be posting such crap

i agree that nascar sucks, but don't hate the players, hate the game

Maybe Earnhardt's a nice guy who likes rock music?

Matt's not the only one who's friends with him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DaveGrohlphoto.jpg

I mean, I hate NASCAR as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to judge the guy solely for his career choice.

Also if you listen to Hopless from the recent edmonton show (I think it was this show) he mentions that he wrote hopless on a guitar given to him by Earnhardt.

Given how some people feel about that song, I'm not sure I'd use that info to support Earnhardt. ;)

wow, this dude's a fucking moron, that's awesome.

i had no idea that who an artist thanked in their liner notes was cause for such mass hysteria.

anyway, this thread's going nowhere but down.