RicardoObviouso

Want To Buy: Shaw Hd Pvr

A PVR is actually going to set you back $748. Aside from eBay, you can try using their payment plan. $21/month for 36 months. There's no interest, just $29.95 as some sort of administration fee.....aaand you have to pass a credit check.

Shaw sucks. Before Rogers took over Shaw in my area I got shat service all the time.

I have the Rogers PVR. it's included in a bundle, digital cable/internet/pvr

the prices are ridiculous. I'm wondering if the Cable companies have a monopoly over digital video recorder prices, or if eventually people will be able to buy them separately, because those things are not worth 600 freakin bucks

Shaw sucks. Before Rogers took over Shaw in my area I got shat service all the time.

the prices are ridiculous. I'm wondering if the Cable companies have a monopoly over digital video recorder prices, or if eventually people will be able to buy them separately, because those things are not worth 600 freakin bucks

I'm not sure about the PVR, but I know Shaw loses money on each digital terminal it sells through subsidies.

But I agree. It's going to be a cold day in hell when I shell out $750 for something with such a small hard drive.

I'm not sure about the PVR, but I know Shaw loses money on each digital terminal it sells through subsidies.

But I agree. It's going to be a cold day in hell when I shell out $750 for something with such a small hard drive.

but they make all the cash back by locking the subscriber into a 3 year contract.

i would do the computer thing, but my house has very clean lines throughout and have some fucking computer sitting there would look retarded.

I'm wondering......if eventually people will be able to buy them separately, because those things are not worth 600 freakin bucks

Non-cable company PVR's have been on the market for at least 1 year. They range in price ($300-2,000) mostly based on hard drive (30GB-300GB).

Nothing as advanced as Tivo, but they're coming close...so far here the features I've seen:

- Record while watching another program (or the beginning of the program you're recording

- Record 2 shows at once

- 181 channel TV Tuner & Guide (through network cable internet connection) with 8 day guide

- 32 slots to program

- Different recording and playback types

- different memory card slots

- Editing, sorting & cataloguing features

- Pause live TV

I've been looking to get one for a while, but there isn't one that has all the features I want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.