Ok, I have been out for these last days because I have been to one of the most important summer festivals in Spain...

Three days, great concerts:

1st day 15 de Julio

19:00 - 19:30 h Lilith: an indie Spanish band, mixture of Dover (another Spanish band) and Courney Love. Pretty good.

20:00 - 21:00 h The Darkness: one of the worst bands I have ever heard :angry: My god... they are British, I think, but really really bad. The singer was just stupid (insulting the audience when we were shouting at him because they dont know how to play) and their music was really bad.

21:30 - 22:30 h Iggy & The Stooges: what can i say about Iggy Pop??? He's a legend and one of the best musicians and showman ever. One of the best concerts.

23:00 - 00:15 h Massive Attack: the second best concert of this day, great sound, strong and intimate.

00:45 - 02:15 h Chemical Brothers: the best concert to finish the day. Wow, they know how to make people dancing. Just imagine around 30 thousand people dancing their techno/electronic music at once. Great, simply great.

2nd day 16 de Julio

19:00 - 20:00 h Starsailor: a very modest new British band but really good musicians, with a vocal singer with a great voice and sounded simply great.

20:30 - 22:00 h Muse: for me, the best concert of the whole three days. I simply love Muse, their music is great, but even sounds better live and their light and special effects show is wonderful.

22:45 - 00:30 h Lou Reed: i know he's a legend but his concert was boring as hell and people didnt really like it in general. He was playing too many new songs that most of the people didnt know (i dont know his songs either because I dont like him) and people started to get nervous because of the last concert this day... everybody was waiting for The Cure...

01:15 - 03:00 h The Cure: the second best concert of the whole three days. Robert Smith is simply one of the best musicians ever, his new songs sound GREAT live and he played for almost 2 hours (of course he didnt finish at 3am...)

3rd day 17 de Julio

19:00 - 20:00 h Gary Jules: a bit boring at the beginning but gave a lot of energy almost at the end... too late for people who got a bit bored...

20:30 - 22:00 h Bob Dylan: a legend, too... and in this case his concert was very good, people reacted very well to his music and to his concert.

22:45 - 00:30 h The Corrs: boring, too slow, i dont like them at all... dont have any other comment.

01:15 - 03:00 h Echo & The Bunnymen: good concert to finish the whole festival, although it didnt have too much strength for us as the closure of the festival... but very good, great sound and great songs

Ok, this is the summary (I wrote too much, right? ;) ) of the concert

It took place in the middle of the countryside, in a place called "Monte do Gozo" which is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Galicia (northwest of Spain)

Opinions? Comments? :angry:

Edited by juanpe

actually, we rented a caravan ;) because two days later we drove to another festival in Portugal to see P.J. Harvey, so we thought that it would be less expensive (and actually it was much cheaper the way we did it) if we all 5 rented a caravan and we only had to pay for the rent, the gas and the food... we didnt have to worry about where to stay, we just parked wherever we felt like it and slept there :angry: and that way we could drive from Galicia to Portugal (they share frontier) to the other festival and see another wonderful concert from my favorite female singer: P.J. Harvey...

when i've gone to other festivals (basically, Benicassim), we have always slept in the official camping which is great, you meet a lot of nice people and you have a lot of fun... i have made many friends in those festival campings with whom i still have contact and we "arrange to meet" in the following festival :angry:

going to festivals is a great experience: you see great bands, they are not expensive, you have a lot of fun and you meet great people

gosh, you cannot imagine how horrible The Darkness were ;) i was just so pissed off with "wasting time" listening to them... i went to check the t-shirts and all that while they were playing but of course i couldnt help listening to his horrible voice... do you know what i did? :angry: i put on my walkman, with Matt's WLRRR and i was listening to it while those f****g Darkness were playing...

23:00 - 00:15 h Massive Attack: the second best concert of this day, great sound, strong and intimate.

00:45 - 02:15 h Chemical Brothers: the best concert to finish the day. Wow, they know how to make people dancing. Just imagine around 30 thousand people dancing their techno/electronic music at once. Great, simply great.

HOLY GOD! You have no idea how much I envy you Juanpe.

Sounds fantastic man... maybe when i go to spain one day ill go to your festivals. Im sure its great fun for everybody. A lot of song selection too i figure. Do they have food fairs and stuff too (to try out spanish cuisine, etc)?

HOLY GOD! You have no idea how much I envy you Juanpe.

Tim, i'm sure you would've enjoyed them so much... they were simply great... come to Spain and we will go to next year's festival!!! ;)

You are invited too, Dan... and yes, they have like small bars and stands inside the Festival area in which Spanish cousine is served :angry: like typical spanish dishes (they are not very cheap though, they take advantage that most of the people are not gonna leave the area just to get something to eat or drink, u know?) that you could try...

Edited by juanpe