jean_a

Best Matt Good Songs To Play On Guitar

Hey, this for all those guitar players out there. What are your favourite Matt Good songs to play on guitar.

I just learned "the fine art of falling apart", "prime time deliverance" and "tripoli". I can't stop playing them.

Any other MG songs that are fun to play???

Edited by jean_a

"The fine art of falling apart" is an awesome song, actually it's my favourite song from the whole MGB collection.

"Apparitions" is a great somg to learn how to play; "Alert Status Red"; and "Rico"--the intro at the beginning of the song is fun to play.

I would say Apparitions (tomorrow it'll change) because you can slide all over the place. Though I have to capo it so I can sing it. It's awesome how his range and my range don't mesh too well.

Also playing Fine art in G does it for me.

yeah, matt and my range didn't mix well back in the day. like three months ago.

im a baritone, hes a tenor. hes way higher

but with some good practice ive extended my full voice range a perfect fifth.

so i dont have to capo, or sing an octave lower anymore

and my lower notes sound even thicker and fuller.

on topic: I love It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man, same reason as Appiritions was stated above, you can just slide all over the place, and its so simple and so good.

Guest apsham

I play Apparitions and The Fine Art Of Falling Apart a lot, but I am really trying to get playing my guitar more to learn some more. I wanna perform at some local function with them.

apparitions was the first one i learned to play

a lot of his songs require multiple guitars, like everything is automatic

i can pull of near fantastica though

bass is a lot more fun for the early stuff

I'd have to say, Alert Status Red (Intro and chords), Raygun, Double Life (especially solo), Oh Be Joyful is cool, and pretty much all other songs stated above are fun.

weapon is easy... and fun!

sometimes i mess around with that one and play some variations. Adding a slide or a bit of reverb on certain notes.

i've been trying to figure out omission of the omen myself (i know tabs exist) i'm think i've nearly got it

I'd love to play Near Fantastica (best song ever) but I can't figure out the chords, and nobody's posted the music on the net.

go to www.mgtabarchive.com and go to the tabs for Avalanche, you can get the regular and accoustical version... for the most part it is G and Em7 and then throw the D into that mix for the chorus, etc. etc.

The best matt good songs to play on guitar are the songs that you can play on guitar and have it sound like the song.

I've become very fond lately of playing the North American For Life riff. I also like Prime Time Deliverance. The problem is that most of his songs are far too complex to play on just one instrument.

umm... whats the easyist way to learn...cuz i own a guitar and i think its broken or something cause it sounds like crap every time i touch it.

Anyway anyone got a good site program..adive on how i could go about teaching myself..its acoustic i know that much.

thanks

Not answering JJEC's question.....

I didn't start looking at tabs/charts until I was in my 2nd-3rd year of playing. I think not having those resources forced me to play all by ear which has served me very well. Now if I hear a song that I like, it's fairly easy for me to decipher. I would recommend learning by ear if you can.

So, Not the fastest/easiest way to learn, but very rewarding