Kyle86

Final Fantasy Vii Movie

i saw it in the store today. in my opinion FF7 had one of the best video game stories ever. the movie looked rad but i wasn't sure if it'd be worth the money. video game movies tend to suck.

has anyone seen it?

Are you talking about Advent Children?

It's ridiculously awesome. The story is fabulous, it's a good update on what the characters were up to after the game. The animation is awesomely breathtaking, and every moment has some sort of nostalgia value for those who know and love the game.

I, a long with a lot of other people I know, have seen the movie, and there have been no qualms with it.

Honestly, it's a complete fanservice to all FFVII fans. If you loved the game, you must see it

I looked at the 2-disc DVD release that just came out, and it's a shame, but they didn't seem to have included a 30 minute OAV, done in traditional 2D anime-style, which is a prequel to both the movie and the game. But, I believe it's available through boxtorrent, or any realy bitorrent site.

On a related note, I do believe Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, the new FFVII game featuring exclusively, Vincent Valentine, should be coming out soon. That should be interesting...although I'm suspecting a bomb...

Vincent IS the Bomb!!

I saw the movie. Loved it!! If you haven't played the game or had someone who had played the game explain it in crazy detail, don't see it. You will only be confused.

The motorcycle fight sences are my fave!! I like bikes! Bikes with swords! I want one!

Edited by glo

Advent Children: DBZ Children

As a huge Final Fantasy fan,and I mean huge, I looked forward to this for so long, and to tell the truth I was slightly disappointed. Sure the animation was bloody awesome, but thinking about how much better it could have been... It just isn't that amazing. They made the fight scenes all DBZish, and I really didn't like that, and Clouds sword was pretty lame. There are some neat little things in there though, like watching for the use of materia that the SHM were using.

The Japonese subtitled version is better... Hahah, It almost ruined the movie when Tifa said "Dilly dally, silly sally" or whatever insead of "Zuru Zuru", then Cloud was like "must be all that Dilly Dallying" later in the movie.

Did anyone else have a problem with the DBZish fighting?

Agreed,

The fight was cool at times cause there were moves from the game that they did and all the geeks were like "that move was just ______"

i finally went out and got it.

I'd describe my overall impression of the film as satisfied. It was cool enough. Maybe I expected a lil more. It was awful random and you're right, the fighting was very dbz-ish.

I woulda liked to have seen the other characters a lil more involved.

...and i swear if i hear the word mother one more time!!!!

I enjoyed this movie much more the second time of around. The plot seemed much more random and the fighting seemed less dbz. As I watched it this time i could pick out a few more little things i originally missed. It's amazing the small details they had to consider while making this film.

There's still no good explanation about Kadaj and stuff.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

Where the ehll did they come from? Yeah, they're 'remnants', but what the hell does that mean? Also, how does sticking Jenova's head into his chest turn him into Sephiroth? It jsut doesn't really make sense. Finally, why would Rufus reveal that he had Jenova right with him?

[spoiler ] 1. (I think) Kadaj were leftovers from the Jenova project

2. By absorbing Jenova he could change into any form and Sephiroth and Cloud have history.

3. Rufus is stupid, we all know that [ /spoiler]

Edit: Man, the spoiler thing didn't work ;)

Edited by glo

I think you're right. Kadaj and his gang were the "children" of Advent Children. Even though they looked fully grown and had physical strength, they were still brash and emotional like children. That's why they'd always cry or want to play.

The director sort of got into this in the special features dvd. Kadaj couldn't change into anything... he was more of like a baby sephiroth. Like a catipillar turns into a butterfly, he needed those cells to complete his metamorphesis.

Rufus was kinda stupid. I always figured he bit the ol'dirt sandwich in the game.