Links234

Gym/working Out

holy smokes! That's really, really good.

I did cardio today too... I only did 5km, that took me just under 20 minutes and then my tummy started to hate my life for running after lunch.

do you run outside or on a treadmill?

The 10km was outside. I get too bored on the treadmill so I try to run outside as much as possible. Plus, it's much harder outside because you have to keep your pacing, not a computer.

I just listen to my mp3 player and let my mind go. It's the only thing that clears my head. 10km took an hour. I'm kinda slow.

In my last year of high school I took a weight-lifting class. Most days I "forgot" my gym clothes (even though I lived right across the street from my school) and spent most of my time hanging out in the smoking section.

One time while we were all out on a run me a buddy "ran" downtown and bought music and smoked a joint (I won't touch the stuff anymore) and when we got back my biddy just said to the teacher, "dude, we're really out of shape."

I seriously loathe working out (and exercise in general).

new rule: if you can't bench your own body weight at least once you're not allowed to post in this thread

that should filter out the exercise blasphemy

haha thats awsome.

i used to work out all the time, now i f-ed up my knee somehow, so im taking it slow.

I screwed up my knee too. upper body is fine, but it's impossible to do as much cardio as I did when running. I'd have to play squash, or something, for like 4 hours

Exactly! I am f-in pissed cause i cant really go out and run anymore cause everytime i do it feels like my knee is getting worse, the upper body is no problem but its essential to get the cardio. Thats pretty much why im doing this yoga thing cause i want to remain active and continue toneing and stuff.

Hahaha wow. I can bench like, 5 pounds above my body weight 2 or 3 times. It's rather hard but I can admit that I'm still not super-duper strong. (I weigh 165 and can bench 170)

Also, I don't understand all the fitness paranoia. It's only like, 4 or 5 hours out of a week to make yourself look better, feel better, and be stronger.

you should see a podiatrist. a brace might be all you need.

You just answered my next question for you to be honest, i was wondering who i should see about the knee problem. And yeah, im thinking a brace might be where im headed, i dont want any sugery if i can avoid it.