Links234

Gym/working Out

Hahahha, I used to be HUGE. I weighed more in Grade 8 than I do now. It's crazy. I just gained some height, started working out, ate better, and bam. It was pretty crazy.

Haha I weighed more in 8th grade than I do now too ;)

I too was heavier in eigth grade then i am now. Methinks it's normal.

I've been skinny my whole life. I have a really high metabolism and it's so far impossible for me to gain any fat. Last time I tested, I had about 8% BF. I have gained quite a bit of muscle recently, though.

how does one get this test. i am rather curious what mine is.

Yes you can. It's called overtraining. When you work your muscles you should let them get a minimum of 72 hours of rest before training again.

An ok split is to do this:

Day 1: Back/Biceps/abs

Day 2: Cardio

Day 3: Chest/Triceps/shoulders

Day 4: legs/abs

Day 5: cardio

and then start again at day 1.

You probably don't wanna work all of your muslces in one session, and the best split is one between pushing (chest, triceps, shoulders) and pulling (back and biceps) though working occassional supersets into your routine can give you some good quick results if used sparingly.

I'm addicted to the gym and running. running for hours, it's the greatest feeling. and pushing yourself beyong where you thought you could go. it's great for health, fun, and for building discipline.

I'll vouch for that ;) .

I really haven't had any time to do any exercising lately, but when I do I love to see how far I can go. It's a wonderful challenge.

Yes you can. It's called overtraining. When you work your muscles you should let them get a minimum of 72 hours of rest before training again.

An ok split is to do this:

Day 1: Back/Biceps/abs

Day 2: Cardio

Day 3: Chest/Triceps/shoulders

Day 4: legs/abs

Day 5: cardio

and then start again at day 1.

You probably don't wanna work all of your muslces in one session, and the best split is one between pushing (chest, triceps, shoulders) and pulling (back and biceps) though working occassional supersets into your routine can give you some good quick results if used sparingly.

it's impossible to work all your muscles at once. if you do, you're pretty much wasting time. different muscles heal at different rates. most muscles dont need more than 48 hours rest. your biceps heal the fastest and your ass heals the slowest. your biceps shouldn't need more than 48 hours, max. you can still workout when they are sore.

your schedule is arlight, except you wont make much gains with chest/triceps AND shoulders on the same day.

i do, typically, not necessarily in this order,

back/biceps on the same day,

chest/triceps

legs ( I can't do my abs at the same time, because my hip flexor always tries to do too much when I do abs and legs on the same day, can't isolate them)

shoulders + something else, ( an extra biceps workout, or triceps, or any thing that needs work)

I fit abs and cardio in all over the place

I've been a skinny little kid all my life, pretty much. Especially compared to those neanderthals that have taken gym all through high school so they work out on a near daily basis. Lousy bastards.

Next year at university I plan on making use of the gym facilities. I'll sexify myself in time for me to start talking to girls.

i lost 35 lbs in grade 12 when i had mono and almost 6 years later still havent got it all back.

i just noticed you said 35. Holy fuck boy, it's a good thing you didn't gain it all back if you could afford to lose that much in the first place.

How'd you get mono?

I lift free weights every couple of days. Pushups and situps as well. All I can really do in my house. Though having lost around 50 pounds in the last 18 months, and still losing weight, I'm not overly concerned about being a fat kid anymore.

i was all hard core into working out, and I eventually got decently muscled, but then a combination of things (was in a car accident, got a girlfriend, and started going back to school) pretty much caused my 6 day a week habit to dwindle to 3 at best....i think i've lost about 15-20 lbs of muscle since summer. I hate being skinny.

This is the only pic I have of myself without a shirt on. My pecs and traps are pretty nice in my humble opinion, but my arms could use a bit more mass.

Edit: Also, does anyone have any tips for getting over my bench plateau? I've been stuck at the same max for waaaay too long now.

post-11-1141416531.jpg

Edited by Prometheon

That's definately a compliment, and a surprising one, as I often feel like I look younger, as I have a very hard time growing facial hair. Damn smooth skin.

Edit: It's actually quite embarassing. I only shave like, every 3-4 days, and that's just to remove the 13-year-old stlye moustach...

Edited by Prometheon