Links234

Gym/working Out

Are you taking whey? If not, you should.

you know, whey protein was the only supplement i've ever used. I liked a protein shake every morning for breakfest because it was something that was quick as easy. I even use to mix low fat peanut butter into a chocolate protein shake with a blender to make it taste like reese cups.

It got to the point where it just became too expensive for the point i'm at. I dont want my neck to disappear, so i've been going all natural for about 6 months now. I find a skinless chicken breast or a salmon fillet *AFTER* a work out produces much the same results.

Something I do recommend, however, is the use of a good quality multi-vitamine. I take "Ultimate One's for Active Men". It turns your pee into funky colours, but one vitamine gives you every thing your body needs... you'll be surprised on how much it naturally perks you up.

Another natural path approach i take, is a cup of loose-leaf green tea every day. The anti-oxydents in are phenominal. There have been certain tests done where people have done nothing but drink a cup of green tea everyday and they've lost up to 10lbs in a month. It's a great metabolism booster.

Basically I'm starting this thread to hear your workout strategies... maybe nutrition tips... or even what you like to listen to during a work out.

Tip: 1. oatmeal before you workout, always. it'll double your energy.

forget your routine... here's your new routine, trust me .

this is what you should do if you're workin out 4 days a week.

day #1: cardio

day #2: back and biceps

day #3: chest and triceps

day #4: shoulders

abs should be done most days, and forearms can be fit in on your cardio day if nothing else.for someone who works out as much as you, legs are usually a day by themselves. but it depends if you care about being proportionate or not.

this is sort of a standard schedule that most people work around. triceps and biceps are opposite motions. once you get a pump in one, your flexibility is ruined for the other, so scrap that.

back/biceps and chest/triceps use the same muscles, so it's best to work them out on the same day. if you do chest, and then go to do triceps the next day, your triceps will be too weak to do anything. the same applies to your back + biceps.

I don't know how you do your sets, or what exercises you use, so it's difficult to give more advice.

Edited by heyrabbit

excercising is for wankers.

i guess wanking is a form of exercise... but it only really helps one arm.

I'd say it's probably one of the most rewarding exercises though.

one thing i've learnt from working out is that different things work for different people. There is no golden rule or set. What works for me may not work for someone else.

I use to be 260lbs. Luckily i had a great frame to lose the fat and put on some muscle... a skinny person for example would have to pack on tons of weight, build muscle, then lose the weight.

And yeah, it's not worth crippling yourself. I wear a back support when i do my back.

well there are 80-something different combinations of body types, so different people require different ways of exercising.

But there are training methods that have have proven to be most beneficial for most people. there're also rules. i think you're a cool guy so I dont wnat to see you waste your time on anything. bodybuilding is a science, so if you know the right formulas you get the right result. there are certain thiings that can improve ones productivity 10 fold.

it all depends on what you want to achieve.

you can be productive without crippling yourself, I just ,ade an amateur mistake.If you dont drive youll never get into an accident, youll also never get anywhere.

remember kids, this advice is coming from the man who crippled himself.

The man clearly knows what he's talking about.

I work out nearly every day. I run to and from work, so when I work out it's all about weights. I really enjoy it; I don't understand why some people abhor it so much. It's one of my hobbies, and it is a very good use of time.

I can't stand the machines; my workouts are based entirely on free weights and bodyweight. I recently benched 1.5X my bodyweight, which is a pretty big milestone in my progress.

Basically I'm starting this thread to hear your workout strategies... maybe nutrition tips... or even what you like to listen to during a work out.

Tip: 1. oatmeal before you workout, always. it'll double your energy.

forget your routine... here's your new routine, trust me .

this is what you should do if you're workin out 4 days a week.

day #1: cardio

day #2: back and biceps

day #3: chest and triceps

day #4: shoulders

abs should be done most days, and forearms can be fit in on your cardio day if nothing else.for someone who works out as much as you, legs are usually a day by themselves. but it depends if you care about being proportionate or not.

this is sort of a standard schedule that most people work around. triceps and biceps are opposite motions. once you get a pump in one, your flexibility is ruined for the other, so scrap that.

back/biceps and chest/triceps use the same muscles, so it's best to work them out on the same day. if you do chest, and then go to do triceps the next day, your triceps will be too weak to do anything. the same applies to your back + biceps.

I don't know how you do your sets, or what exercises you use, so it's difficult to give more advice.

Not a bad routine. I do pretty much the same thing, except shoulders get done on my chest/triceps day as well.

the key word is "hobby" just because we do something to better ourselves doesn't make it wrong. honestly, improving your physical fitness is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Guest jsunC

I've been working out for a while now, 2 years ago i weighed 230 @ 5'9 so i originally started working out to lose weight, now im 5'9 @ 160.

My routine is usually

Mon- back, biceps

Tues- shoulders

Thurs- Chest triceps

Sat- Biceps, shoulders

I usually do my cardio workout right after my initial workout, i'll just run 1.5 miles on the track, and make sure i do it in under 10 minutes.

As for legs i do taekwon do 4 times a week, and my legs are already bigger than the rest of my body, so if i worked them out i'd look like a freak

I've never heard of oatmeal 'doubling' your energy, i'll have to give it a try. As for shakes i use soy shakes, they're alright, obviously whey is better but oh well.

Any of you guys use creatin?

If so what one, i've never used it, my friend was telling me the other day that the pill form, opposed to the powder is the best way to go.

Since I'm the only person capable of using the search tool, there are 2 existing threads about this...

I'm to lazy to merge, but it's coming... oh it's coming.

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....ing%20out&st=40

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....ing%20out&st=40

woodeedoo, i tried searching but errors came up both times.

merge away.

Why do most of you work two muscle groups at the same time? I know you focus on groups that work similar muscles but the reason I split up my work out into seperate parts is to allow greater recovery time without cutting out of my work outs.

I could work out 5 days in a row and not have the same muscle sore by the time i start working it again.

Edited by Kyle86

Any of you guys use creatin?

If so what one, i've never used it, my friend was telling me the other day that the pill form, opposed to the powder is the best way to go.

From what I understand, there is no difference in the effects of creatine whether you take the pill, or powder, and there's also a liquid form. The only difference is that the pills are bloody expensive. the powder is expensive enough, nevermind paying extra just to have it in pill form.I've never been fond of swallowing those big capsules. personally I prefer the powder, because you have to drink a ridiculous amount of water while on creatine anyway, so you might aswell add it to a drink. everyone I know who uses it takes the powder, even those who are involved in fitness for a living and who invest lots of money in it.

As far as creatine itself goes, it is a very new product which has more debate surrounding it than anything other supplement. Lots of people swear by it, and lots of people are skeptical. It's supposed to give your muscles added energy. but from my experience, all it does is fill your muscles up with water. While on it, you can lift up to 20-25 percent more than usual. But once you stop taking it, your muscles just shrink again. Some say it takes up to a year before you really start to gain evergy from it.

If anything, it's a laugh to take. especially if you're a skinny guy because growth of size in your muscles looks defined and you can look bigger without even doing anything.

Worth a try. But I recommend glutamine. that way you know you're improving the growth of your muscles rather than just their appearance.

Why do most of you work two muscle groups at the same time?

If someone were to do every muscle group individually it would take at least 7 days, depending on what you consider "muscle groups". if you do things like, chest one day and bi's the next, you'll have a disproportionately large chest and tiny arms. you have to remember, there are 2 heads to your bi's, and 3 to your triceps. (your triceps are huge).

if you're placing all your energy on your chest one day, then HALF that energy for your bi's or tri's the next day, they'll be half the size, in comparison with your chest.and youll look odd.

there's no such thing as working just one muscle. there's stabilizer muscles involved with whatever workout you're doing. doing curls, you use your forearms and back. when you do chest, much of it is triceps and shoulders. So while you're using those muscles anyway, it makes sense to do a couple things a day.

Merging in done.

If you're interested you can back read this thread... I merged into it. There is not collision between the threads, so it's like three versions of the conversation from three different time periods.

Have fun

everytime i hear that song i get excited because i think tainted love is coming on... then it turns out to be a shotty hip hop song.

I'd dance too, but my rhythm... not so much... i'll stick to lifting heavy things and sweating.

i accidently deleted what i wrote earlier, but i do yoga when i'm not being lazy and i do what i call abcersizes in the mornings. i also dance a lot to crappy and not so crappy music.