devolution

Calgary Folk Festival...

Looks like I win by default. I'm not missing that.

EDIT: This just in - I had no idea a hippie-plagued folk fest would be so damn expensive.

hippies are getting pricier. which is unfortunate, i thought i might try to bum a free ride.

Oh lordy, for once I am happy I live in this crap hole of a town. I might actually get the 4 day, if Buck 65 and K'Naan are going to be playing, plus Feist, AND Matt?!??!?? Worth every penny. The bonus of course is that my birthday is on the 27th, which is super cool cause i saw him play in edmonton on the 28th last year ;)

D

ps. Loving the fact I went back to school last year too

> : )

Edited by Doc

The festival itself, it wouldn't cost me anything to get there.

A 4-day ticket is $140, individual days are between $40 and $50 apiece.

Right... that's not all that cool.

they're not folk...

They have a few folk songs.... The Rocky Fortune - Tonight We Pray For Rain.mp3 and Drop Me in the Well on the myspace page.

I know the band, I went to school with Ty (the guitarist) and I help promote them. They just did a show with The International Noise Conspiracy and have a new cd coming out in the fall (ive heard a few of the demos) ;)

Edited by trufflepigs

Guest girl

Me too. You couldn't have asked for a better venue either. You get to relax and chill out to the music in lawn chairs. It's going to be awesome. I really hope he does some jam sessions in the workshops. That's the highlight of the entire festival. I wonder who he would play with. It will be interesting to see.