Crusader

we're so heavy

;) We’re so heavy

Can’t get out from under it

There’s too many of us that don’t want to fight it :angry:

What is this song about? If you listened to it and weren't a MG fan nor were you expecting some sort of political protest song would this song not be about obesity?

It has a lot of references to history... Jove Drusilla, 'Take this city while it's sleeping', etc.

I get the impression that it's about a group of people being unsure of their opinion or identity, or something along those lines.

I get the impression that it's about a group of people being unsure of their opinion or identity, or something along those lines.

I defintley agree with you on this. I just checked out all the official definitions of the word "heavy" and one of them was "dulled with weariness" and I think that fits the best in the context of the song. People who are not only unsure about their stance on things but maybe also worn down, tired and maybe even a little apathetic. "We don't know what we are, but we're tired of it".

it could be that, now that you say that... i thought it was more politically oriented in the sense of fighting against oppression or something like that:

"Can’t get out from under it

There’s too many of us that don’t want to fight it"

and then the historical references (explained by someone else in another post)...

I really dont know the meaning of the song... im not going to guess what it means because i was surprised about the meaning of Buffalo Seven (completely different than what i thought it was).

in any case, i think only the person who writes songs is the one who really knows what they mean... they are poems, and as poems, each person may have his/her interpretation or what each of the songs makes him/her feel ;)

interpretations of poems/songs are always valid, they always mean something to everybody and the wonderful thing is that they do not always mean the same or provoke the same feelings to everybody: this is the richness of music and poetry...