Guest jsunC

Anyone Watch Ufc

I enjoy watching UFC, I'm a big fan of mixed martial arts. I hate that reality tv show they have tho.

To others who don't really enjoy it, it seems like either:

1. Kinda gay wrestling

2. Senseless violence

But I guess it takes special people to really appreciate the amount of work that goes into training for these things...

I appreciate the mixed martial arts and intensity, but most of the show is boring commentary on the fighters and insight into their trashy lives. boring as hell.

I don't know anyone who doesn't stop to watch the actual fight, unless it goes on to the point where they're not actually fihgting anymore

I agree that most of the fighters these days suck at grappling, but back whenever Royce Gracie was fighting he made you want to see someone try to take him on in a ground fight. The guy was awesome with chokes and submissions. It'll be interesting to see him and Matt Hughes go at it. The sport has changed a lot since Royce fought, but I hope he can pull out a win.

Guest jsunC
I agree that most of the fighters these days suck at grappling, but back whenever Royce Gracie was fighting he made you want to see someone try to take him on in a ground fight. The guy was awesome with chokes and submissions. It'll be interesting to see him and Matt Hughes go at it. The sport has changed a lot since Royce fought, but I hope he can pull out a win.

You're completely wrong. The problem isn't that fighters these days don't know how to submit their opponents, the problem is that ALL fighters these days are well versed in ground defence. Whether they have good wrestling techniques like Matt Hughes, or have an amazing sprawl like Chuck Liddell.

I'm looking forward to the Gracie / Hughes fight though, i think Hughes will win, but I'm pulling for Gracie.

Personally I'm glad Hughes dominated Gracie. I've never liked either one they're both so cocky but I just especially dislike Royce. Hughes domineted him much more compleatly than I thought possible. Side control, no guard by Royce. It was impressive that Royce let his arm bend like that w/o tapping. No pain apparent on his face at all. Hughes then mounts his back and starts to pound him. I would have liked to see Royce get his face punched in more but he couldn't defend himself and the fight had to be stopped. I expected so much more out of Royce, maybe he's just too old now?

Edited by Stryfe

Guest jsunC

The first Ortiz/Griffin fight, i thought griffin won, not Ortiz. But whatever, it was still an awesome fight. I'd like to see a Liddell / Ortiz rematch