Jarrod

Allergies

Okay, I've never really suffered from allergies until I moved to Victoria. This is the first spring I have spent here and it's terrible. I mean, with allergies and stuff. And it doesn't help that I work for a landscaping company so I have to be out in yards for hours on end doing landscaping tasks and stuff that I hate doing. Bah..

Anyway, my nose has been running non-stop since probably Friday night. Along with that, I've been having nosebleeds because of it. It sucks. And sneezing. And my head hurts now and nothing can help. And it doesn't help that there is a fucking kid upstairs that runs all over the apartment. Bah... And I am totally exhausted because of work and working out (which I don'ot even want to be doing right now because I have no strenght right now, and my head is not screwed on right now because of the bloody allergies).

So, is anyone suffering from this?

Stupid spring. And it doesn't help that it's really warm out, I want to be outside but I die from all the pollen and grass and trees and stuff.

And I"m totally grumpy/miserable. And I can't sleep. Also, my nose is totally raw due to me constantly blowing my nose. Same with my upper lip.

Edited by Jarrod

Yeah I know what that's like. I've had allergies since I came to the USA (last 14 years of my life) and sometimes the allergy season's not so bad, and other times it's the worst thing ever. This time around the medicine's been pretty helpful, sometimes it's not.

I've been shoving pills down my throat all week so far. It really sucks because I have these cheap ass pills and I don't find they work very well. It really sucks being broke.

My sister has it bad. She takes something that begins with an 'A' and has a glider on the box.

I cannot empathize. I have no alergies... oh, wait I'm alergic to Apple Juice

I have bad pollen allergies, from July-October I have snot running down my face (the ladies love me...lol).

The only thing that works for me is prescription Trinalin, which is pretty expensive unless you have kickass benefits like me.

But even that isn't 100% effective.

Best of luck. I'm personally considering having my nostrils sewn together for the summer.

Just kidding!

i don't get allergies. bahahaha.

however, i have to wear sterling silver or better earring metal wise. or the itch and i will die.

I had to wear gold earings when I had my ear pierced.

Bah...I'm just going to have to survive with the store brand allergy meds.

I've never had allergies this bad before, it's only started when I moved to Victoria.

If you're getting nosebleeds, try using a saline nasal spray to stay moisturized and to keep any secretions (sorry) moist so you don't have to put as much effort into getting them out. And keep hydrated. Any OTC products that work for ya, keep taking them.

Love,

the pharmacist

One time when I was baked and standing on the GO Bus to Aurora, I had to sneeze, and I think it was the loudest & wettest sneeze ever, because the old guy I was standing by nearly jumped out of his seat. I said sorry, but I think he may have shit his pants.

i have bad allergies usually, but so far they havent hit me (knock on wood). i use flonase, which you spray up your nose. it seems to work. and when my eyes get itchy i put eyedrops in them. not visine because that has a steroid in it. some other stuff. im just allergic to spring/summer. i think the smog makes it worse. im not sure. lets hope my allergies dont activate at all this year.