Hyphnip

Donnie Darko

Oooh, one of my favourite-ist movies EVER!

Donnie Darko is definitely at the top of my list. It's quite cool, and really makes you think. The first time I saw it, it made me dizzy. I quite love it. It's got so many great quotes, too.

Like the Smurfs thing.

First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village, but the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living if you don't have a dick?

And the best-est quote ever:

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Heheh. Have you been to the site? It's quite cool.

Jenna.

Shush! I'm trying to surprise people.

and actually, it is impossible to really sey in a few words what this movie is about. Not as hard as it'd be with the Royal Tennenbaums, but still damn hard.

Edited by Hyphnip

Yep I remember seeing and then buying Donnie Darko, i have it on DVD!.. who wants to touch me...

I SAID WHO WANTS TO F-ING TOUCH ME ?!? !hahaha ok SOuthpark moment there, but serioulsy the movie is the best thing ever, id definatly have to agree that its not about time travel, and its very hard to sumise in a few words but in a lot of ways its kinda about Fate too, and ext... too much to explain but im sure Frank could.. those of you who have seen the movie know Frank.. As well there was an amazing song they made for that movie which is called Mad World by Gary Jules.. i highyl suggest aquireing that song.. anyway.. great movie.

The Director's Cut has 20 minutes put back into the film.

The music is also different. The director had to drop some songs from the original film festival release due to permissions, but has since resolved those problems.

The DC will be out on DVD later this year.

Boston is getting this tomorrow. I'm seeing it Saturday.

It's important for eveyone to go see or buy the director's cut if we want another movie from Richard Kelly soon. I work in the film industry and I had a chance to read Richard Kelly's next script and I'd like to see it made.

I think the reason it hasn't been made yet it because the studio is worried about funding. Donnie Darko was only a hit after it came out on DVD, so I think they're trying it again to see how the interest is and see if they can make some money to make the next film.

So go see Donnie Darko again! This is an amazingly talented director and we need more films from him.

They're not just releasing Donnie Darko again just to make some money to finance the next one. It's also to see what kind of interest there actually is in the movie.

The movie didn't really do anything in theatres the first time around, but it got pretty big on DVD. You'll notice that the new Donnie Darko trailers say "A Richard Kelly Film". They're also trying to make his name more known so they can sell his next movie with his name and people will recognize it.

I'm sure they could finance it now if that's all there was to it. So if you like Donnie Darko, go see it in theatres and we should get moe Richard Kelly films.