Ravenous megin-sane

Da Vinci Code

da vinci code was sweet... meg obviously u went in with expectations that were way to high, i had moderate expectations, and i loved it. it was a freaking good story, and when the chick is driving that smart car, i wanted to marry her. that was hot.

also i was going to make a da vinci code thread, but i was mucho lazy

Edited by Ryan44

ryan, i was indifferent towards the movie.

have you read the book?

because it doesn't make sense unless you do. and its nothing like the book, so it's crappy.

i read the first part of the book, so thats the only reason i understood parts of it.

so unless you went for a thiller where the facts are given to you and you don't need to think much, then it made fine sense. but to try and decifer what is actually happening it is a lost cause.

and the girl always had a stupid look on her face that pissed me off. i mean, she was pretty but did she always have to look so dumb? gawd. and i totally wish there was a cliche ending where they got together.

THE END.

Wow. That's pretty upsetting. I've been looking forward to this movie for awhile. Hearing that it's nothing like the book just pisses me off. The book was an amazing read, I finished it in less than a day, just couldn't stop.

Angels & Demons and Deception Point are two other great books by Brown.

Guest jsunC

I saw it last night, and had high expectations. I was extremely disappointed, but i suppose i should read the book because everyone said that it is better.

PSST meg, your not supposed to pay attention to the movie at the drivein anyway ;)

I had absolutely no desire to see this film since I heard about it being created around this time last year. I read the booked and it was enjoyable enough, to me, it read like a movie. I was extremely disappointed with the ending. Maybe that's why I dont want to see the movie. Maybe it's the horrible casting (other than Jean Reno).

Maybe because of all the hype?

Maybe because it was crippity crap!

and the girl always had a stupid look on her face that pissed me off. i mean, she was pretty but did she always have to look so dumb? gawd. and i totally wish there was a cliche ending where they got together.

THE END.

Dude, that's because she's FRENCH!

;)

Guest jsunC

PSST meg, your not supposed to pay attention to the movie at the drivein anyway ;)

did i drop the ball...AGAIN?!

Girls aren't supposed to drop the ball, guys are. He's supposed to make all the advances on you while you sit there looking pretty!

And BTW the girl that plays Sophie Neveau (or whatever her name is) is absolutely gorgeous. That stupid look made her look hotter

Edited by jsunC

meg. u made the main mistake for any movie. IF THERE IS A BOOK DONT READ IT!!! if you have already read it, forget it. but if u cant never go in to the movie thinking that it will be as good or anything like the book.

I SAY UNTO YOU NEVER READ UNLESS ITS A NEWSPAPER, AND YOU ARE READING THE SPORTS. OR COMICS

hahaha yah i know what you mean, but apparently a lot of my friends didnt get it, and sure they arent always the smartest but they give it a try! hahah I am only baseing those statements on my friends experiances since I already read the book and enjoyed it.

RV...not a chance I'm going to watch this. When Robin Williams boycott's a movie he's in after seeing the trailer, you know it's gonna suck.

TDVC was alright...being a borderline-atheist and not knowing much about DV or anything to do with the bible (by choice) I understood the movie pretty well.

They did a good job of explaining the background and the plot was decent. I felt like the movie should've ended 3 times before it did and the "ending" was lacking.

I don't see what all the protests are about. Half the movie when the 'facts' are being said, Tom Hanks basically says 'that hasn't been proven', so I don't see what all the bickering is about...it's just a movie people, if religion fails based on 1 movie, then obviously it's not a good way to go.

Anyways, that's my take.

D

I don't see what all the protests are about. Half the movie when the 'facts' are being said, Tom Hanks basically says 'that hasn't been proven', so I don't see what all the bickering is about...it's just a movie people, if religion fails based on 1 movie, then obviously it's not a good way to go.

The protests are more relating to the book, as it does not include any of that 'devil's advocate' stuff. The characters all regard it all as fact.

RV...not a chance I'm going to watch this. When Robin Williams boycott's a movie he's in after seeing the trailer, you know it's gonna suck.

I don't get that. Wouldn't he know from the filming process while he was acting that he hates the idea or the movie or whatever? Why would it be only after he's seen the trailer that he object to it?