PS3...willing To Shell Out?

Will you buy a PS3 at launch?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a PS3 at launch?

• Yes, I'm stoked about the next-gen platform
    • No, way too expensive

Guest jsunC
im going to wait for the new nintendo system

The controls for the new Nintendo are going to kill some fat kids.

ahahahah, that's priceless.

I can't wait to try the new ninendo thinger though

PS3 is going to be horrible. They had everything set. And then when Nintendo Wii or whatever came out with the Motion Sensor controllers, Sony copied them and scrapped the old stuff and now have really bad copies of the motion sensor controllers. What i also heard was that when you put your new game into the machine it burns a serial code into it so that you cant play it on any other system then yours. So you cant bring it to your friends house...blockbuster cant sell them... no previously used games...etc.... Stupid. Big piss off. I'm not all that sure about the serial code story but if it is true. What a rip off it would be to buy it.

Guest apsham

The serial thing was a shitty rumor started by someone, it isn't true. And as far as copying the motion sensor controller goes, I guess Nintendo was copying the Atari for having a controller with the NES as well?

I might pick up a Wii just for the chance to play some Banjo Kazooie\Tooie again.

If I remember right, them are Rare games. Microsoft owns Rare now, so I kinda doubt they will show up on the Wii Virtual Console.

Same goes for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

PS3 is going to be horrible. They had everything set. And then when Nintendo Wii or whatever came out with the Motion Sensor controllers, Sony copied them and scrapped the old stuff and now have really bad copies of the motion sensor controllers. What i also heard was that when you put your new game into the machine it burns a serial code into it so that you cant play it on any other system then yours. So you cant bring it to your friends house...blockbuster cant sell them... no previously used games...etc.... Stupid. Big piss off. I'm not all that sure about the serial code story but if it is true. What a rip off it would be to buy it.

hence my first post. i will either just go over to some dumb friends house, or steal one. not buy. i agree with u. it sounds kinda stupuid from what i have heard too, but still... ITS A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!!! I WANT IT!

PS what now?

I'm not too huge on video games. By that I mean, I live at home and was raised without them, so I have no real desire to go out and get them.

However, I would consider looking into PS3 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. Drool.