sodamntired

Early Career Predictions?

the other london is that cool.

me? i was obsessed with cars when i was younger, now i'm a financial analyst... the only link between the two is that i can afford to own them now.

I will pwnz0r your shit in cars if my career goals come through.

a part of me is afraid to drive it and i dont even have it yet. i've already put down $10 grand plus the honda... and i have to pay $38,500 cash after 24 months. fuck.

oh well, thats what happens when you say (and i quote) "CALL ME THE MINUTE YOU'RE TAKING ORDERS, I'LL BUY ONE GUARANTEED!" to some lowly salesman.

but isnt it DAMN SEXY?...

XBB60BMC132A0_A35_BW224.jpg

XBB60BMC132A0_LTA8_ALU.jpg

Edited by one_trick_pony

yeah just under 80. but you gotta ask yourself... what other car can give you 330 horsepower, rear wheel drive, 6 speed tranny, 4 year no charge maintenance, plus a WHOLE SHITLOAD of other options, PLUS tried tested and true german engineering in a limited edition package for that price? anyone who knows cars knows that late 90s M coupes can sell for $50,000-$65,000.

Guest jsunC

an merc SLK 55 AMG. Would give you all that and then some, but i have no idea how much those bad boys are ;)

My friends dad used to have a 01 bmw m series. We took it out a couple of times and got it up to 230km/h i think.

He traded it in a couple of years later for a SLK320, and we got that up to 225.

I found that the main difference between the two cars was that the Merc gave you a smoother, quieter drive, but the beamer had more acceleration, and sounded ballsier

Oh fun times

Edited by jsunC

the slk55amg is over $100 grand the way i would like it configured. and with mercedes theres no negotiations on price. sticker is final. its a company policy. also, jason, you're right, the mercedes is a very smooth luxurious ride, and it drives YOU (not unlike high end chryslers) opposite of BMW, where you ARE the pilot... which is why i opted not to buy when i demoed the c55amg sport. which is priced very similarly to the m coupe. PLUS in vancouver AMGs are a dime a dozen... whereas the only common M car around here is the M3.

Guest jsunC
the mercedes is a very smooth luxurious ride, and it drives YOU (not unlike high end chryslers) opposite of BMW, where you ARE the pilot

yeh, that's a good point.

I've only ever seen one AMG, around here, and haven't seen an M class in a long time. Guess that what happens when your living in the suburbs

my sister getting into graphics and she's going to do some car commercials for her portfolio. I can't remember what car she's using but it's some BMW prototype cause she can't use real cars or something. That car is hott. It's a sporty looking convertable. Do you know what I'm attempting to talk about?

Guest jsunC

An rx8 isn't really a car to travel in with more than 2 people. Nice to rip around in though i can imagine, especially if it's the 6speed

EDIT, that makes no sense, but i'll leave it for you to interpret

Edited by jsunC

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics. That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package? Well, tricky question. A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood. Although it would be far less practical.

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics. That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package? Well, tricky question. A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood. Although it would be far less practical.

Far less practical because you have to be the size of Napolean to fit in one.