running4home

what made you go mg crazy

I used to like matt good but not really be that into it. The first time i heard him was in grade 7 when one of my friends was obsessed. She had a Beautiful Midnight poster in her room and played it a lot.

Hearing Deep Six for the first time really hooked me and I borrowed my sister's burned copy of Underdogs and listened to it till it would play no more.

Starting in the summer after grade 9 i got really into around alalanche tour time. I missed the shows though.

All through grade 10 I became a big fan and had all the CDs and his book and such and occasionally went on his site.

When i heard about the new CD coming out and the tour i got super excited and MG was all I listened to for a month or two.

The night of the concert was what made me a huge fan though. First of all seeing him on the stage made me so starstruck i can't even explain how i felt and the concert was amazing beyod words. Then after I met and talked to Pat and Rich and got autographs and that was just the final thing that made me love MG so much.

What did it for you?

I heard Hello Time Bomb in grade 6 on TV and I loved it. I got Beautiful Midnight for Christmas in grade 7 and it was automatically my favourite CD ever. And I've been hooked since. Matt-mania returns in full force every time he releases a new album and it is always good. ;) I just love everything and I'm so glad I found him and his music.

Wow you kids are young ;)

I got into MG grade 9, with Underdogs... Deep Six is an awesome track. Apparitions is a great track to.

I remember going to see Matt when Zuckerbaby opened for him (tour for Beautiful Midnight... or after it came out, before Audio came out)

Peace

Damn. I'm feeling old and i'm only 22!! I got into MGB in the Underdogs era when Apparitions was everywhere. I bought the cd and i was won over... although it was until Beautiful Midnight came out that i REALLY became a HUGE fan! Beautiful Midnight is still #2 on my best albums of all time list... trailing only Pearl Jam's "Ten".

I bought Audio of Being in grade 8. I liked it, but then I was still into more popish shite, so I shelved it for about a year. Then once I started to get into more alternative music in grade 9, I pulled it out again and couldn't put it away, so I went out and promptly bought all the rest of the albums and I've been hooked ever since.

I'm not quite sure of the actual point that I went "crazy" for MG. I think it was a gradual thing. I started by listening to Underdogs, I can't remember how old I was, but I can't believe there are some people on here who were listening to Beautiful midnight when they were 12! That's weird, but awesome - I don't think I was that cool when I was 12. Matt is the kind of musician who gets better everytime I hear him. Everytime I think I've become an even bigger fan I hear a song I heaven't listened to in awhile and I'm just in awe of how much I love his music and how perfect it is in every way! So ya, that's my story.

Well after hearing EIA i got hooked, but it wasn't until Apparitions when i bought my first MGB cd (underdogs) that i got crazy. Then i bought Beautiful midnight about a year later and i thought it was the best record i had ever heard (and to be honest, it still is one of the best) I went to my first MGB concert in 2000 i think (right after loser anthems was released). The concert was in Calgary on Matt's Birthday, and it had been the best concert i've gone to. After the concert i bought the earlier MGB records and bought "At last there is nothing left to say". I thought Matt was brilliant at what he does. He's smart and opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind. After the break up of the band, i became MG crazy even more. For Matt to continue his music career without his band, took a lot of guts. I love that he stood up for himself and never gave up even when all things turned to shit for him (band break up and ending relationship with long time girlfriend). His love for music overcame everything. I think he has matured greatly since the many mishaps and has become a better person over all. So last year (mar.24) i got to meet Matt in person in Calgary, and it was the best day of my life. There is nothing like shaking the hand of a man that you look up to and totally admire. After that meeting i have followed him extensively. Many have said that i'm obsessed, but i think that's little to far. There is not a day that goes by that i don't listen to his music or read his little articles on his website. I find him fascinating and he will never bore me. That's not obsessive is it?

I though the song "indestructible" was catchy and I liked it. I figured I would just get bored of it and move on as I always do. My girlfriend at the time (and now wife) bought me the CD one day and gave it to me when I picked her up from work. I was like "c'mon, babe...that's a complete waste of money! I like one song and will likely never listen to the rest!".

One snowy day at about 5:30 AMish, driving to work on what seemed to be a normal day, I found myself to be completely memorized by Prime Time Deliverance. I knew then there was more to this Matt Good fellow than a catchy tune that caught my ear. Quickly I realized that I actually enjoyed every single song on the album...how rare is that? Every single last song.

I have never looked back.