running4home

what made you go mg crazy

i was in a cd store having a horrible time trien to figure out what i wanted to get, i was just about to leave and im like "oh matthew good band yea that time bomb songs alright, guess i'll get that" and then it just got way out of hand from there...but in a good way!

The first MG song I ever heard was Everything is Automatic, and I thought it was decent. Then after I heard it a bit more, I absolutely hated it. I liked the rest of the singles from Underdogs, but not enough to buy the album. Couple years later, Hello Time Bomb hits the radio and I thought it was an absolutely brilliant song. My dad bought Beautiful Midnight, and I basically claimed it as mine and just fell in love with it. He took me to see them when they toured the first time for BM, and I just fell in love with everything I heard, and kinda felt stupid for not liking Everything is Automatic in the first place. To this day, he is my favorite.

Well after hearing EIA i got hooked, but it wasn't until Apparitions when i bought my first MGB cd (underdogs) that i got crazy. Then i bought Beautiful midnight about a year later and i thought it was the best record i had ever heard (and to be honest, it still is one of the best) I went to my first MGB concert in 2000 i think (right after loser anthems was released). The concert was in Calgary on Matt's Birthday, and it had been the best concert i've gone to. After the concert i bought the earlier MGB records and bought "At last there is nothing left to say". I thought Matt was brilliant at what he does. He's smart and opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind. After the break up of the band, i became MG crazy even more. For Matt to continue his music career without his band, took a lot of guts. I love that he stood up for himself and never gave up even when all things turned to shit for him (band break up and ending relationship with long time girlfriend). His love for music overcame everything. I think he has matured greatly since the many mishaps and has become a better person over all. So last year (mar.24) i got to meet Matt in person in Calgary, and it was the best day of my life. There is nothing like shaking the hand of a man that you look up to and totally admire. After that meeting i have followed him extensively. Many have said that i'm obsessed, but i think that's little to far. There is not a day that goes by that i don't listen to his music or read his little articles on his website. I find him fascinating and he will never bore me. That's not obsessive is it?

Ahahahahh the Stampede Corral show!

That was a good concert- I was right up front against the barricade in front of Matt, and a gal I went to high school with got pulled up onstage and got to sit on the bull.

Matt and I went out to a movie and then he took me on a quiet, romantic drive to some cliffs that overlooked the Pacific. We made love in his car and it was magical; we were listening to Underdogs at the time. He dropped me off at home and I asked to borrow the CD so I could listen to it while I sleep and dream of him. He was my first and he said he would call me later but I think he lost my number. I tried contacting him but something must be wrong with his answering machine or something 'cause I don't get any calls back. It's been a few years but I've just been buying the albums and waiting for my prince to come back to me, hopefully he realizes I've been calling sometime soon! I miss him!

I always enjoyed his stuff to an extent, but not enough to buy an album.

Avalanche really got me into him...the only album that comes near that one is probably beautiful midnight. I don't know, he's just pretty solid at making rock tunes.

probably mentioned this before, but since we're reviving dead threads: i had probably heard him plenty on the radio before, but i was driving to work one day and heard in a world called catastrophe. might have just been the mood i was in, but it really hit me that time, and i ended up owning all his albums within weeks.

The first songs I ever heard from Matt Good were Hello Time Bomb, Strange Days, Running For Home, Euphony, Fated, Fearless, and Symbolistic White Walls. I was hooked. It is all thanks to my Canadian friends on the Internet. I live in New York and hadn't heard of Matt Good til my friends on my the message board I post on told me to listen to him and I'm glad they did.

Heard EIA and Apparitions on MuchMusic. Then saw the BM videos. But I wasn't into music at that time for some reason. Then I lost sight of his work until Weapon came out. Then I rediscovered him on file-sharing services, thank you Internet. Avalanche was his first that CD I bought, and then I nabbed the rest of his material.

I wish I was more attentive during the days of his excellent videos, needless swearing, funny t-shirts and catchy singles, but I do seem to resonate with his recent work (both music and human rights).

Picked up Underdogs when it came out & liked it. My friends' brother had LOTGA which i borrowed from him, and when i listened to that i was just totally blown away and have picked up everything he's done ever since.

LOTGA is just so amazing. She's Got a New Disguise and Fearless are two of my most listened to songs on winamp.

I know I posted earlier in the thread but ;)

the first MGB album I heard the whole way through was Underdogs. I borrowed it off my (then) girlfriend and loved it so I bought it. my favorite Underdogs related moment was when Stephie (A girl from Germany that had just moved to Winnipeg and went to my sschool) was looking through my CDs, pointed at underdogs and said "...why are their heads cut off?" it made me laugh because she seriously couldn't fathom why they would have the tops of their heads missing.

The U.S. version of Beautiful Midnight was the first MGB album I listened to, then I got Audio of Being, the Canadian version of BM, and I eventually bought every MGB/MG CD available except for the individual B-side releases and Underdogs which I've yet to purchase. "Strange Days" made me a fan of Matt's work, and I saw it at the perfect time, as I'd just about given up all hope as a music video viewer until I watched it and was surprised to see a modern-day music video with a meaningful plot and message attached to it.

Edited by Jay

The first video by MGB I saw, was Load Me Up. We had Muchmusic in the states then. I was hooked instantly, and used to keep Muchmusic on for hours just to catch it again. Then I saw Everything Is Automatic, and that just blew me away, I ordered the first discs online, and I can honestly say, I probably have listened to MGB/MG almost everyday since.