Saw these folks last night in Waterloo. They're originally from my hometown of Milton though. Their first album came out last year (Underwater Cinematographer) on Arts & Crafts.

Kind of a Broken Social Scene vibe, at least on that album, very quiet melodies, all that. Their live show is something else, though. So energetic, can't help but rock out to 'em. They released a tour EP called Phages earlier on this year. Picked that up last night, and it's probably more representative of their music. The drums are much more in the fore, and there seems to be much more jittering around.

Definitely worth a listen.

Their site

I saw them live before I heard Underwater Cinematographer and I was pretty disappointed with the CD--it doesn't do justice to their live show at all. I've since seen them two more times and I must admit, Phages is much much better and much more in tune with their real energy, so if you have a chance to get it, do so.