looks like vancouver is one city council meeting away from building an open air stadium right at waterfront in gastown. its funded by private dollars and used for public events... seems perfect. not only will the soccer teams have a new place to play, but this will open doors for huge acts to show their stuff in an out door environment that the likes of the commodore, QE and even GM place couldnt handle. hopefully it goes ahead as planned, we might see some amazing shows here within the next 5 years.

some of my most favorite venues in the world are outdoor and i think that this would definetly put vancouver on the map for big names to come here and play.

i saw coldplay at the white river amphitheatre in the summer and the show was absolutely amazing. i saw them here at gm place in january and even though there was the same energy from the band, i didnt get the same vibe as i did from that amazing venue.

Edited by one_trick_pony

http://www.whitecapsnewstadium.com/home.cfm

There some renderings of what it will look like on that website. The testimonials has got a lot of people's support, including Steve Nash's brother, Martin, who plays for the Whitecaps.

I don't quite see why the Whitecaps need a new stadium though. Like Swangard over in Burnaby is doing alright as it is, and it's great for watching games at. However, the renderings of it do look nice and all, but the stadium will be practically right beside Canada Place, lots and lots of Cruise Ships pull into Canada Place every day, can you imagine your favourite band being interupted by a horn blasting in the middle of the song?