Kyle86

Pinhead Convention

So, I'm listening to a live version of Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run... and Matt started the song by saying something about a pinhead convention and then stopped half way through the song and scolded some people for being "fucking hilarious".

Anyone know what they were doing?

Was this the fight at the 06' St. Kits show?

Yup, I was at that show (you can actually hear me singing along to Hello Time Bomb very very faintly if you got that too) and he was not saying we were fucking hilarious. He was actually really pissed off at the crowd.

Something along the lines of "grow the fuck up you guys, seriously."

Some guys were crowd surfing and moshing...to Can't Get Shot. Which is really stupid; and what happened was one fan was crowd surfing, and he got dropped and almost hit his head on the hard ground, which I guess worried and bothered Matt. I still don't think he should have done what he did, as it really bothered me that he'd swear at his fans, even if they were being stupid. But yeah, that's what happened.

Guest jjazz

That show would have been perfect were it not for the idiotic crowd. He called them pinheads because they all had mohawks and stuffs. The second HTB was played was when the show got a little out of control.

Fun, never the less. And an even more entertaining bootleg.

I thought it was funny. The one guy with the spiked mohawk seemed to have enjoyed being at the centre of it.

Although this totally ruined my friends first MG concert and he now doesn't like MG because of that. (P.S. I did explain the reasoning behind Matt swearing at his fans).

P.S.S. It was really funny when Matt was looking right at the one guy and unleashed.

Yeah, I was standing right next to him, and felt like such an idiot.

Also, a friend of mine was also there (at the show, not up front) and he got all pissed and now doesn't like Matt Good anymore.

Matt also said something during Blue Skies:

Matt: *something about amnesty*

Crowd: yeah, ok *bit of cheers/clapping*

Matt (slightly irked): Go Leafs go!

Crowd: !!! WOO!! YEAH!!! *cheers and applause*

Matt: That's the problem right there isn't it?

My buddy is a huge hocky fan, and that pissed him off, though I agree with Matt on that one. The whole swearing at his fans thing was too far though.

That remains one of my favourite shows. It was upsetting that he was clearly losing some of his passion for fighting the good fight, but seeing him regaining it through his hatred of idiots, there was something about it. Who cares if he swore? It wasn't at everyone, just people who were being idiots. After the Go Leafs Go thing I was surprised he even came back out, he was pretty cheesed.

I love that bootleg, hilarious. The Winnipeg show during that tour was just as bad, he had to stop 3 or 4 times in the middle of songs to tell people to fuck off. Plus the rope. Oh god the rope.

I was at that show. Some guys right next to me were being dumbasses and moshing through songs like apparitions, etc. Matt got really pissed off because he could see them pushing a lot of people around. So he goes, "what is this a pinhead convention," or something along those lines and said some other stuff. The guys who were doing it were total idiots. They were near us in the lineup outside and we could tell they were going to be trouble even then.

I love that bootleg, hilarious. The Winnipeg show during that tour was just as bad, he had to stop 3 or 4 times in the middle of songs to tell people to fuck off. Plus the rope. Oh god the rope.

Elaborate???

At a Winnipeg show a couple years ago, it was outdoors with $5 admission because it was part of the Summer Vortex fair dealie, so any yahoo could get in, and they did. Lots of moshing and shit, and people getting hurt over the rope at the front they had instead of a metal barrier. He stopped during Hello Time Bomb to tell people to cool it, and also made a few remarks over the course of the show.

"The price of a barrier is starting to look real good right about now."

"For those of you who've never been to a rock concert before, this next song isn't for crowd surfing." (They played Blue Skies Over Bad Lands. People crowd-surfed anyway.)