ToadMan

Lyrics Page Inaccuracies

So after reading the thread on an MG tattoo I checked our lyrics page (http://www.nearfantastica.com/lyrics/) for a reference. I think we've got some inaccuracies on their. I though it might be an idea to post any inaccuracies, and what you think the lyric is and why.

For example:

which came first

the bad idea or me befallen by it?

not giving a shit may we never forget you

I believe should be

which came first

the bad idea or me

befallen by not giving a shit?

my we never forget you

Firstly I don't hear him say it. It's psychoacoustic, he does hold "me" over two beats. Secondly I don't think "not giving a shit" has any meaning if the question is completed as it is in the first version. That is unless you assert that the "bad idea" is not giving a shit.

So go ahead, discuss whether I'm totally on crack about ASR, or any problems you have with other lyrics on the page. Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem with anything other than WLR&RR or B-sides since we can check the booklets.

I'm fairly certain the original is correct.

The one that for some reason gets me, is Flashdance II.

The chorus sounds like "sell the sad the world tonight", and is written as such in a pleasurable headache. Yet it is stated as "sail beside the world tonight" in the lyrics section.

That's all I got.

Yup, Sean is spot on. The original is correct for Alert Status Red, and Flashdance is "you can sell the sad the world tonight (and they would take it, and they would ruin you)."

If it's 'you can sail beside the world tonight' the 'and they would take it and they would ruin you' makes NO sense.

Also, in She's in it For The Money, I'm 99% sure that it's "if all of this kills" instead of "father this kills" and here's a post I made in another topic that no one seemed to read:

Also, in Boy Come Home (awesome song, by the way), I'm pretty sure that the lyrics are (changes or additions in bold):

while I go over it in my head

I walk through those doors

and stand there staring

there ain't one soul that's in there dead

my hand stays out

to keep my head

walking out I see you sitting

in that Ford of your old man's

scratching your arms

like your skin is crawling

but done up the best you can

faithfuls fly in through your window (this isn't 100% right either, but I think it's closer)

them Papas they catch hell

strange to think we could have been so

brought up by ourselves

run through the streets like rivers raging

to seize our barren sand

while other grain tears you apart stay (this line is shady as well)

done up the best you can

Unemployment line stretched to the desert

and our camoflouged hotels

we're traded up to new distinctions

puts justice in your shells

take one for the team and that pretty lady

used to cover up the smell

when you get back boy you're just crazy

if you dare kiss and tell

this aching heart ain't something I done

this aching heart's been handed down

but I'm done with it now

so I go over it in my head

I walk through those doors

and stand there staring

my hand slips into my coat

and everything just freezes

running out I see you sitting

in that Ford of your old man's

the boy come home, yeah

Guest apsham

I agree with Toad on the changing of the lyrics, the original just doesn't seem right, there's no room for an it to be in there. It just goes "the bad ideal or me befallen by" and then there's a short pause "not giving a shit"

I don't hear either in Flashdance, so I all I can say is we should go with what's in "Pleasurable headache".

I have nothing to add in defense of my argument about ASR... though I haven't really been refuted except if the sense of "the first is correct" which is hardly a convincing rebuttal. If you believe it is correct, then can you at least defeat my two statements?

I don't know enough about the two B-Sides, so no argument here.

I ahve a live version of ASR from the recent acoustic tour in which he says 'the bad idea or me befallen by it....not givin a shit' as clear as DAY. I'd put it up, but it's no longer in FLAC format and thus I can't.

I ahve a live version of ASR from the recent acoustic tour in which he says 'the bad idea or me befallen by it....not givin a shit' as clear as DAY. I'd put it up, but it's no longer in FLAC format and thus I can't.

Ah, well then that's a fair reason. You don't have to get all indignant about it. My post about providing reasons was only to further your rhetoric skills.

I still contend that it doesn't make much sense that way around, but I can hardly argue the correctness now.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be an asshole about anything. Just emphasizing that I'm positive he says it, although maybe he just threw it in there and he doesn't say it in the album version. He also added a tiny little shrase to Prime Time.

Her mother loves that show

Even though she never gets the answers right

It's easier to play along

Sometimes all the time more than being wrong

It sounds really stupid IMO and it sorta distracts from how amazing the song sounds otherwise. But whatever.

Guest apsham

There could be differences, I mean between what he says live and the studio version. I personally don't hear it at ALL in the studio version.

If it's 'you can sail beside the world tonight' the 'and they would take it and they would ruin you' makes NO sense.

Neither one really makes sense. But there are plenty of times the lyrics in Good's songs don't fit together in a sensical fashion. I always hear, "sail beside the world tonite" and I'd stick with what's been printed in the official materials.

In Alert Status Red, he does indeed say "the bad idea or me befallen by it?" When he says "by" it transitions so quickly into "it", it's hard to distinguish. He says it more like "bite".

I dunno, if it's "you could sell the sad the world tonight" it makes perfect sense.

You could sell it to them, and they'd take it. Whereas 'sail' makes absolutely no sense. Who would take it and ruin you? It's just nonsensical.

I'm 99% sure in ASR it's "the bad idea or me befallen by it" but I'm 100% positive that in Flashdance it's "you could sell the sad the world."

Wow. I just checked Matt's official site, and here are the Flashdance lyrics:

Flashdance II

She was a dancer I was out work

She had a law degree, I used to be a clerk

She takes her clothes off for the Japanese

I take my clothes off whenever it suits me

Barely living, but we

Guest Prosis

No man, it's "You could sell the sad the world tonight" as written in the AOB lyric book. I think the lyrics off of Matt's site were probably copy/pasted from another website as I doubt Matt retyped them all...