Prometheon

Lyrics You Sing Differently

Well this was inspired by the lyric thread, but I'm sure I can't be alone. Are there any Matt Good lyrics that you sing differently than the actual versions? If so, why? Here's a few of mine that I can think of:

Flashdance: You could sail beside the world tonight

And they were taken, and they would ruin you

I say: You could sell the sad the world tonight, and they would take it and they would ruin you.

I just like the imagery of my version better. It seems cooler, and has more grammatical flow.

Fine Art: There lived a girl in a cave in the woods disguised as a bee

At night she would fly into the city

And sting the cause and sting the cost

and she would hover me whispering

I say: There lived a girl in a cave in the woods; the skies dazzled me.

And sting the cause and stain the cars

and she would hover over me whispering.

To me, the whole 'disguised as a bee' thing just seems silly and sorta distracts from the beauty of the song. The stian the cars thing just seems tragic to me. Under a dazzling sky she flies into the city, tries to fight for a cause, but ends up dying, ends up staining a car (tragic accident, etc.)

Fall of Man: The part where he repeats 'what you don't know won't kill you' at the end, I always sing as "what you don't know won't kill you...which you don't know." as it just seems cooler, and sounds like that anyway. I alwyas thought that's what he said, and was dissapoitned that it actually isn't.

So does anyone else have any songs they sing differently than the actual words?

my sister always sings Running From Home and says "Tiny Heart" instead of "Carney Heart"

it irritates me because it's so obvious that it's carney and it fits in with "after this it's just the circus".

There's some that i probably do too, i'll have to reflect and get back to you.

Yeah but really, how much less offensive is funkin than fuckin? I mean everyone knows what you MEAN, and I'm sure if you said "you motherfunker" in front of some 10 year old, his or her mom would be almost as mad. Or maybe not, I don't really know. I guess it's just my hatred of people writing things like "f***" carrying over.

yeah but i dont say "motherfunker" i say things like "make a funk load of risidual" and "this will funkin skyrocket"

i use it as a way to show emotion without being offensive. my clients seem to love it when i swear, but my secretary hates it... and she listens in.

anyways, i was thinking of other songs that i changed lyrics to, and i alter ex pats & in love with a bad idea (alterations in italics)

"so another day pissed away down at the bar. aint it a shame. tore your head off when it could have been, should have been on"

and also

"five nights on the TV and for $10,000 she

Edited by one_trick_pony

wierd. anti pop i say log on to stay up late at the begginging

oh man, use quotation marks... that's the little key next to the semi-colon ( ; ), it looks like "

Edited by ToadMan

Guest jsunC
from weapon...

"here by my side an angel" for one reason or another I always say "here by my side the fabled speckled giraff"

funny how that works

ahahah.

And kyle if no one has said it, i see boobs in your avatar. I don't something like that to be left unsaid.

"Every pass it goes adrift, every ball loose, can't tackle can't shoot"

It has been corrected lately, but I still love my

"Taco bell shoe"

Avalanche

I can't... or just won't change...

I always think it says "talk about you". To the threadstarter, everything you mis-sing, I do the same to those songs with the same words, weird.

"Every pass it goes adrift, every ball loose, can't tackle can't shoot"

It has been corrected lately, but I still love my

"Taco bell shoe"

Avalanche

I can't... or just won't change...

I always think it says "talk about you". To the threadstarter, everything you mis-sing, I do the same to those songs with the same words, weird.

Ditto. I always thought it was "I Talk about you, above all this, talk about you"

Well this was inspired by the lyric thread, but I'm sure I can't be alone. Are there any Matt Good lyrics that you sing differently than the actual versions? If so, why? Here's a few of mine that I can think of:

Flashdance: You could sail beside the world tonight

And they were taken, and they would ruin you

I say: You could sell the sad the world tonight, and they would take it and they would ruin you.

I just like the imagery of my version better. It seems cooler, and has more grammatical flow.

Fine Art: There lived a girl in a cave in the woods disguised as a bee

And sting the cause and sting the cost

and she would hover me whispering

I say: There lived a girl in a cave in the woods; the skies dazzled me.

And sting the cause and stain the cars

and she would hover over me whispering.

To me, the whole 'disguised as a bee' thing just seems silly and sorta distracts from the beauty of the song. The stian the cars thing just seems tragic to me. Under a dazzling sky she flies into the city, tries to fight for a cause, but ends up dying, ends up staining a car (tragic accident, etc.)

Fall of Man: The part where he repeats 'what you don't know won't kill you' at the end, I always sing as "what you don't know won't kill you...which you don't know." as it just seems cooler, and sounds like that anyway. I alwyas thought that's what he said, and was dissapoitned that it actually isn't.

So does anyone else have any songs they sing differently than the actual words?

For Fine Art, I think that the imagery of the girl as a bee is much more powerful. By putting the focus on the girl (rather dividing the attention by putting "dazzled me") the listener has more imagery of the bee in the next few lines. As with most of Matt's songs, being too literal (stinging cars) could take an edge off of the abstracted messages that are conveyed, and won't let the listener use their own imagination as much. Just my take on the song, because this is one of my favourites.

i JUST found out matt says "so, so deformed" in the build up to the last chorus in load me up... man im slow. i never bothered to check out what he was actually saying.

Edited by Gibby

Guest Prosis

Again people, we have two different sources: mg.org and the lyrics book that came with AOB...I trust the lyrics book because I think that Matt didn't retype all the lyrics but rather took them from another website...