Hoverball

Crazy Car/driving Stories

I'm sure we all have tons of car/driving stories (probably mostly from our teen years), so I figured it would be worth a laugh to talk about them.

The rules:

1) What's told on the forum, stays on the forum (mostly because a few of my stories involve cops and I'm on the lam)

2) You can only tell 1 story at a time

3) Give it some time in between stories so it's not a 2 or 3 person conversation. If no ones has posted a story the day after yours, you can post your next story

Here goes...

One night me and my friends decided to go egging and I happened to have a black car with a sunroof. We took the sunroof out so it wasn't too obvious where the eggs came from.

We're going north on Simcoe St just past Adelaide (4 lanes wide - 2 by 2) and we launch an egg at a Bronco and later turn down a sidestreet.

I'm at the stop sign at Mary St and I see the Bronco turn the corner like a maniac. I gun it left and go North on Mary. They proceed to follow us so I take off worried he'll get my plates and bust us. So we're going at 90km+ weaving in and out of traffic. He ends up being bumper to bumper with me at one point trying to scare the crap out of us doing high speeds.

Shortly after we're approaching an intersection and there's a few cars lined up and the lights red. I'm freaking out with this guy on my bumper so I decide to go into the opposing lane and run the light.

Luckily the light changes just as we go through (no t-boning) and shortly after the Bronco must've decided we were nuts and turned around.

And that was probably the last time I egged a passing car...

(You might think this was amazing, but this is only one of my many, many driving stories...let's hear some of yours)

Edited by Hoverball

I have to agree.

Last time someone threw an egg at me from a car, he jumped a curb, took out a no parking sing, and hit a minivan. Then took off. Goddamn idiots.

EDIT: Oh...and he missed.

Edited by Sparq

hoverball someone else did this. i have heard this before. someone in a purple sunfire. im sorry but i can not believe u. i might be an ass saying this, but i have a good memory, and i call bullshit

Guest jsunC

When i was like 16, me and my friends were driving around in my friends minivan. We were at a Tim Hortons drive-through, high beaming cars. We kept highbeaming a ricer, and when we left he started following us, so just to make it fun we tried to get away from him. We eventually turned right on to a road, thats never busy. At this point the retard in the ricer pulls beside us, gets in front of us, and tries to do pull an e-brake 180. Needless to say we t-boned him, and completely smashed the side of his car. After a bit of arguing we all settled down, we sort of made ammends, and agreed not to call the insurance company. The damage on our van was only about 2 grand, but the damage on his car was a lot of money, he had to get it towed.

i used to be into the street racing big time before he crackdowns happened. the same core group would go to port kells every weekend... probably ended up being around 120 cars. all lined up, people would talk shit and then go race down this one stretch. i only raced a few times, because i was really paranoid about cops busting us, but there were SO many incidents there it was hilarious. guys in ditches, blown transmissions, collisions.. etc.

anyways, my story:

i was coming back from whistler with my buddy and a corvette pulls up beside us. its a middle aged guy and he revs the engine. so i show him some noise and when the light turns green we put the hammer down. we raced from north vancouver over the 2nd narrows bridge and onto the interchange. anyways, i downshifted right before the upramp and hit the gas, he did the same except his back end broke loose and he went sideways, spun around and hit the median. i saw this from my mirror and hit the brakes. stopped in the middle of the road. he gets out, runs about half way between his car and me yells "ITS JUST BODY DAMAGE" gets back into his car and goes THE WRONG WAY back onto the highway and takes off. my buddy called it "your first kill"

Back in 2002, I think it was, my friend and I went to see the deftones at Arrow hall. It was pissing like mad that evening and I couldn't see shit all.

We arrived a little late and there were NO parking spots anywhere. I found one spot which seemed a little tight but I decided to attempt it anyway. the three people standing in this spot wouldn't move out of the way so I rolled down my window. they said that they "were saving the spot". I told them, "you can't save spots, that's bullshit". I drove in anyway and when I realized that we wouldn't get our doors open I had to back out and look again.

So we're driving along looking all over and out of nowhere we hear this bloocurdling scream, "BLAHhhahhAHHHH!". I said to my friend, "what the hell was that?!".my friend just burst out laughing, "dude you nearly hit that woman". I guess I was so busy looking for a spot that I drifted to the side a bit and nearly hit one of those parking assistant people. She had those flashlight baton things and I still didn't see her. She literally jumped out of the way. It scared the shit out of me. I've never heard someone scream like that.

First off, Ryan44 - I would not make shit up to impress people on the Bored. Only OTP does that...just kidding. But seriously, I don't have the creativity to make this shit up. Even if you don't believe this, it doesn't matter. And I have tons of stupid driving stories, so hopefully you'll belive a few and get some laughs.

Yam/Sparq - At the time, shit like this seemed fun and awesome. Looking back I realize how stupid we were, but that's life and how you learn. I posted this to give you all some laughs and to share our stories. Not to tell me how dumb I am and that I should be kicked in the nuts. That was 'college & pizza driver' Dan, not current Dan.

Speaking of highbeams...One time me and my friends were coming back from a joyride in Scugog (North of the 'shwa in the country) and we were highbeaming people for the fun of it. Just as I think to myself, hey I should stop because the 'fuzz' patrols up to here (Conlin Rd, at the North border of 'shwa), I end up flashing a cop. I hit the gas and watch in the mirror as the cop attempts a Uee and luckily I was heading over a crest so I was out of sight momentarily. I pull into Durham College residence driveway and shutoff my car just as the cop car drives by at high speeds looking for me. The sad part is this wasn't my first time running from the cops.

a few weeks ago i went to a hick town in the gvrd to see the cloverdale rodeo. its a huge party, not as big as, but not unlike the calgary stampede. anyways, i pulled into the wrong parking lot, and had to turn around. i got the the intersection and waited for what seemed like 5 minutes. not a car went by as we waited for the light to turn green. i saw no sign of any cars, so i turned left through the red light. as i proceeded through the red light, a cop came out of nowhere and also proceeded through his green light. i basically stopped in my tracks, he slowed right down and stared me down, but kept going, very slow (as if to have me catch up to him) i continued through the intersection completing my illegal left turn going even slower as to intentionally stay behind him. i was really considering pulling a u-turn to get out, but the blvd seperating the the northbound from southbound was under construction. we were both going about 40km/h towards another intersection, and i was about 50 meters behind him. i pulled over to the side of the road, noticed a back lane, and took off down it, as he saw me turning, he put on his lights and did a u-turn through the construction and towards me. i pulled into someones driveway, turned off the car and got out. he pulled down the lane about 30 seconds later and sped right by me and my friend (who were now on our way back down the lane towards the street).

Not bad...

Ont ime I was tossing 'promo' chunk of Oh Henry's out my window at passing cars and one of them happened to be a cop car...as I took off down a small hill I pulled into a car garage lot and parked behind a snowbank (it was winter and the bank was 5ft+ high). I look out my back window and see the cop car drive by flying through the air about 2 feet off the ground (ala Dukes of Hazzard).

Guest jsunC
I wondered what would happen if, while driving, I shifted from drive to reverse. The answer - clunk, clunk and then all the warning lights turn on. I stopped the car, turned it off...turned it back on and the warning lights were gone. That was a long time ago.

ahahah, i can't believe you actually tried that.

How fast were you going

I wondered what would happen if, while driving, I shifted from drive to reverse. The answer - clunk, clunk and then all the warning lights turn on. I stopped the car, turned it off...turned it back on and the warning lights were gone. That was a long time ago.

I did that once in an automatic. I was wondering if it was like downshifting in a stick car...nope! I had the clunk clunk, no warning lights, but had to shutoff my car and restart it before it went back into gear. I was definately going faster than 40...probably about 70 or 80km/h.

I also had to learn how to drive stick on my own...fyi - you can't skip a gear (go from 2 to 4)...you still have to go through the motions (2-3-4) but you don't have to lift the clutch.