lol zing! That was harsh Mrs. Jesus....funny but harsh!

I don't really mind Alexisonfire. They arn't trying to be punk, if they did they would be trying harder to look like Good Charlotte or Simple Plan.....hahahaha! They bring a unique touch to music by incorperating screaming and singing, much like System of a Down. I don't think I would buy one of their CDs, but I do watch their music videos on Much.

My favourite bands are MG/B, Slipknot, Gym Class Heroes, As I Lay Dying, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday and Incubus. I figure i'm rather eclectic.

hm not keen on tbs at all, but i do enjoy the alexisonfire. i think it's the balance between dallas and george that gets me, but dallas is great on his own if you like alexis you should check out his solo acoustic stuff. his old band helicon blue was pretty hip, but i don't have that much.

yeahhh alexisonfire. they put on one friggin amazing show. at edgefest i was blown away, and i expected them to be good in the first place.

pennies is right, dallas green's solo stuff is really great. my boyfriend and i both want him to have our babies.

Alexisonfire is good, but it's not the kind of stuff i like to listen to. I really love their videos however.

As for Dallas Green's solo stuff: i hate it. I love his vocals with Alexisonfire because it goes good with their kind of music. But as a solo artist he's too whiny and acoustic.

Acoustic by itself is often great. Just not when youre whiny.

love the lyrics, there's some overlapping between dallas and aof. check out Polaroids For Polar Bears and compare it to Sam Malone. pretty sketchy, it's obvious who writes the lyrics. i don't find dallas whiny at all.

oh i like AoF lyrics too, but in the whinyness factor...

and i don't know if he writes all of them. i noticed a big change between the two albums. ST had way better lyrics, so i figured George may have wrote most of ST's, or something...

yeah the lyrics in watch out were weak compared to the first record...

i'd say more because on the first one dallas' vocals weren't written down and didn't have to necessarily make sense in relation to the written lyrics...

on the newer record, lyrics seem to be structured with one idea rather than two separate parts

i'll have to disagree on that one... i mean, i do enjoy me some underoath and if you're into them you should also check out "dead poetic", which are very similar but "alexisonfire" are, in my opinion, more musically talented, write better songs, and at least on their first record, have better lyrics.

on the topic underoath... i would recommend "reinventing your exit" i find it to be one of their best (still doesn't compare to alexis though). and as for dead poetic check out "the dream club murders".

i bought Watchout used for 10 bucks. worth every penny.

I haven't really seen them live, but when I watched the MMVA's Dallas couldn't sing his parts, which are the coolest parts of their songs.

i am a huge alexisonfire fan, seen them 4 times, and dallas green (city and color) twice.

the split cd everyone was talking about is gonna have both bands do 2 covers and a new song for both of them (according to www.theonlybandever.com) and they went into the studio to record them last week

this type of music either you love it or hate it, when i first listened to it i hated it but over time i've loved more and more screamo where now i have a list of about 10 bands which scream but all sound completly different,

as for mrjones, yeah underoath is differnt yet the same, i would like them if they were an alexisonfire copy, just for people who just are enjoying the emerging genre they are kinda the same... and as for dead poetic can't beat 'glass in the trees' (they need some new shit)

still havent heard dead poetic.

i'd download but i'd rather wait til im back at school in a couple weeks so i can have high speed. stupid dial-up at home.

in other news,

alexisonfire & underoath play with the used in toronto september 13th.

AND I'M GOING...

can't fuckin wait

insober - come to ontario for it.