Ryan44

What Famous Band Do You Hate Most?

So I was just listening to the radio. A classic rock station in Calgary called Q107, its a great station, but they play too much of the over rated crap. And pretty much most of the classic rock that I hate. For example.

I HATE:

LED ZEPELLIN

PINK FLOYD

THE ROLLING STONES (only since their tour in N.A.)

STEPPENWOLF

And most of those other crap bands that are over rated beyond anything. They suck so bad. Get a better taste people and stop playing that shit.

What are your most hated?

Oh man. Have you heard much Zeppelin? I know people get sick of Stairway to Heaven. But maybe it's just not your thing. They're one of my most favorite bands.

Well this question's easy to answer for me: Nickelback.

I hate the grating, whiny monotone of his voice, the shitty chugging guitars and trashy lyrics. And of course, the fact that every single they put out sounds the same. It's a shame they're the face of Canadian rock.

oh man, yes i have heard 90% of zeps stuff. i used to close at a restaruant, my boss loved that shit.

actually i enjoy nickelback, the other night at the bar, i did NEVER AGAIN on karaoke, pretty much only beacuse everyone else was doing country. which i hate

They've been playing Buckcherry and Danko Jones on the Fox lately and everytime I hear that crap it makes me want to drive my Hydro van off the nearest bridge. I honestly can't stand that shit.

wow. ya buckcherry is total shit. i cant bleive it. man people are bringing out the good ones here. i hate all of the above pretty much so far. that damn crazy bitch song, so poorly written, and played and just starihgt up sucks my anus.

Green Day- they've become extraordinarily cliched and lame, nothing worthwhile from them anymore (and there wasn't much in the past)

Marilyn Manson- attention whore who does dumbass things to get negative attention and then plays victim of the media and society when he gets that attention.

Slipknot- wankers who make really crappy music, never produced anything worth hearing but still maintain sufficient arrogance to refer to the current teenage generation as the "Slipknot generation."

Franz Ferdinand- pretentious, terrible, disjointed excuse for music.

Yeah, I liked Franz Ferdinand at first but now I'm sick of them. Their second album pretty much sucked. I'll still listen to Take Me Out though.

I guess we're talking about bands huh, not rap artists? Cuz there's a few I could go on about...

Let's see... Papa Roach. In fact, any band whose sole basis of music is how daddy wronged them and messed up their lives forever. I'm bloody sick of teen angst.

Edited by kirbenvost

I find the Fox doesn't play much good stuff. I wish we had a college radio station, even Calgary does...

Actually I get the Zone 91.3 from Victoria over here and I try listen to that more often. Its as close to a College radio station as I can find. Its basically hard rock like the Fox but ventures to bands like The Arcade Fire and Metric as well as local indie bands. So its not too bad in my books.

how about simple plan and good charlotte...THEY ROCK!!!!

Oh they rock so much I want to cut myself. Yay teen angst!

I don't hate all rap but I really despise the "I'm the shit" mentality of a lot of these guys. And why not rap about something meaningful instead of bling and bitches?

Hmm... just checked and I can't pick up the Zone. Too bad, sounds like a station I'd like.

Edited by kirbenvost

I find the Fox doesn't play much good stuff.  I wish we had a college radio station, even Calgary does...

Actually I get the Zone 91.3 from Victoria over here and I try listen to that more often. Its as close to a College radio station as I can find. Its basically hard rock like the Fox but ventures to bands like The Arcade Fire and Metric as well as local indie bands. So its not too bad in my books.

honestly i really dont like the college station. talk about lame music. its all emo, or simple plan-ish or techno, i dont agree with it. if its not real rock, dont play it.

rap is game in this thread. i hate it all.

how about simple plan and good charlotte...THEY ROCK!!!!

Yeah I really hate the current trend of Rap thats so big these days. I have yet to hear a rap song that I don't hate... The only one that even comes close is that song by Everlast. What Its Like I think? Is that even rap?

Actually I don't mind some of that late 90's rap metal. 3rd Strike - No Light comes to mind.

honestly i really dont like the college station. talk about lame music. its all emo, or simple plan-ish or techno, i dont agree with it. if its not real rock, dont play it.

How can you possibly talk about 'real rock' in this post, and then say you hate Zeppelin and like Nickleback in others?

*head explodes*

Guest jsunC

UGH, i hate simple plan more than a good kick in the balls (or face).

Franz ferdinand are also terrible. Danko Jones sounds like shit, and don't get me started on Kid Rock.

As for Nickelback i don't mind some of their slower songs, but all of their faster paced stuff sounds the same and is always about sex.

The one band I really can't stand is Limp Bizkit. Of course there're plenty more but they seemed to have sparked that brilliant idea of mixing between rock/metal and rap. Oh and let's not forget some brilliant lyrics such as "Rollin', rollin', rollin'".

I cannot stand all the power punk crap that has been forced down my throat as of late, with bands like:

All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Simple Plan

Also for some odd reason Nickleback and Creed are still the most requested bands. They both sound the same.

I am also sick of the "popular" radio station Kiss 98.5 in Buffalo NY, they over play Kelly Clarkson, and all that junk.

How can you possibly talk about 'real rock' in this post, and then say you hate Zeppelin and like Nickleback in others?

*head explodes*

If I HAD to choose, I'd rather listen to Nickelback than Led Zeppelin. I guess that doesn't help things much.