RicardoObviouso

Serious Food Question

Guest jsunC
You were buzzed after that?

I've had a full serving of alcohol while on prescription painkillers and I was absolutely fine.

Lauren = lightweight.

i'm not even gonna touch that

My buddie's tolerance went up so much in university that him and his room mate would split a 24 and just be a little buzzed. When he returned his empty cans (they had to switch to cans in the second semester) he got 50 bucks back. From ONE semester. It was godly.

1. what exactly is a "full serving of alchohol"?

2. two people drinking isnt as lame as one person drinking... and even that can be fun under certain circumstances

3. being a lightweight is good. being a lightweight in college is bad.

full serving = more than half a glass of wine.

my point is, painkillers already get you right out of it. adding alcohol to the mix ISN'T GOOD FOR YOUR LIVER. or most parts of your body.

that was stupid of you then, adam. i would hope you'll be more responsible in the future.

i don't drink so my tolerance is zero. i don't mind being a lightweight. in university i don't plan to do a lot of drinking but i don't see it as being the end of the world if i were to have some sometimes. and if i can borrow just a little bit from other people, i won't have to buy any myself.

I have my on and off days. Sometimes I get drunk after half a glass of 25-50% hard liquor mixed drinks. Other days it takes 6 or 7 rounds.

The worst lightweight I knew was a girl that was 5' 100lbs. We drank for 15 hours that night and she refused to drink until 11pm, she had the neck of a cooler and was almost on her ass.

that was stupid of you then, adam. i would hope you'll be more responsible in the future.

I concur. In the end I was fine (it's not like I was using the wine as water to help swallow the pills) but in retrospect it was pretty stupid considering what could have happened.

Besides that, metabolism is also a huge influence on how much alcohol you can handle. Having spent a considerable amount of time with (of legal age) drinking aficionados, I know people that weigh ~180 pounds but could drink guys that weigh 250 pounds under the table, because their metabolism gets the alcohol through their body faster.

Science is fun.

Before I got sick I could drink like a fish. An average night would be 12-15 beers, closer to 20 if I wanted to get absolutely hammered. My record being 23 beer. After getting sick and not drinking for over a year, my tolerance has plummeted. 3-4 coolers and I'm done. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit ashamed.

My buddie's tolerance went up so much in university that him and his room mate would split a 24 and just be a little buzzed. When he returned his empty cans (they had to switch to cans in the second semester) he got 50 bucks back. From ONE semester. It was godly.

thats hilarious. 500 cans.

when i first moved on my own, a buddy and i used to drink at least three times a week (get shittered). there was this one wall in between my laundry room and the bathroom that fit 4 cases of beer perfectly across, and 6 high. the great thing was, that was exactly enough empties to get us a free case. $28.80. i'll never forget it.