What do you feel is the greatest recorded song ever?

I expect a lot of Imagines and What A Wonderful Worlds, but I want you to be completely and unabashedly honest. What do you think is the greatest song?

Let's hear them.

I would go with my favourite band and say....

Five Days In May - Blue Rodeo

this is hard to say, but i think ill stick with it. I bet ill see what other people say, and maybe change my mind.

Guest apsham

Foo Fighters - Everlong

I was fighting myself between this song and a Paul McCartney one, but I had to go with Everlong in the end. It's just such a wonderfully written song, both in music and lyrics. The vocals too are very well done, especially with a particular acoustic version that I have.

Foo Fighters - Everlong

thats a great one. i need to go with

Refused - New Noise

If you haven't heard it, look for it. Its a song that has it all. But I also need to say

Johnny Cash - Boy Named Sue

I know I'm gonna get a lot of jokes on this one, but...

(0ld) Hedley - Saturday

The lyrics, the music, the flow and the meaning behind it are too powerful not to be one of the best ever.

Don't knock it 'til you've heard it. And this isn't the album version. If anyone really wants to hear it, PM me.

Guest apsham

(0ld) Hedley - Saturday

The lyrics, the music, the flow and the meaning behind it are too powerful not to be one of the best ever.

Don't knock it 'til you've heard it. And this isn't the album version. If anyone really wants to hear it, PM me.

I refuse to believe that about a song that rhymes "Tied up" with "Cried up"

Cause=Time - Broken Social Scene

Yeah it's probably nothing ground breaking to most people, but it's probably the only track that I can think of that I won't skip on my playlist. Besides, it's a better choice than Hedley.

(0ld) Hedley - Saturday

I refuse to believe that about a song that rhymes "Tied up" with "Cried up"

It's 'you've cried out' btw. And it goes with the meaning behind the song. You can easily skip over the lyrics and think it's just another song.

And after I posted that, I realized I would sum it up to one of the best songs of this decade (2000+). That way some of you won't be insulted that much, 'cause even I'll admit that there's much better stuff out there.

"The Constantines - Young Lions".

The lyrics are perfect and the music is inspiring. Its just a great tune. I know its a pretty new song, but I think it'll stand the test of time for me. "Soon Enough" by the Constantines is also up there but it only came out last year so I may still get sick of it.

And I quote- "This is not The Greatest Song in the World, No No!

This is just a tribute."

The song they sang that day will forever be a mystery

i was going to mention that, but i knew someone else would. thank u sir, for helping me in my pursuit of a 100% lazy life.