Prometheon

The Random Fact Thread!

Alright, so basically, you just post any random and cool little facts you know. I'll start with a few:

Possums are one of the most stressed animals in the world. They have a very short life span and usually die to stress-related problems.

'Abstemiously' has every vowel in it, only once, and in alphabetical order.

The average person does NOT swallow 5 spiders a year, or in their life time or whatever that stupid fact is. It was actually made as an experiment by some researcher as to what people would believe.

Guest jsunC

I love Jeopardy.. except i hardly ever get the final jeopardy question right.. Stupid literature.

tree frogs don't bother hibernating when winter comes they just let their body freeze.

nope. they dont. only formaldahyde....i know u probably all know this...but eventually aspartame can turn into formaldahyde!!! CRAZY!!! dont drink diet. go for the good stuff. 100% sugar=100% goodness

During and after the last ice age, when the ice caps were bigger, it is estimated that the oceans were over 100 metres lower, resulting in an area of land almost three times the size of Canada exposed more than today. They have recently found buried/submerged cultures and stonework many, many miles underwater off the coasts that throws all contemporary archaeology into question, particularly the origins of civilization being far, far earlier than previously thought.

Edited by Ravenous Yam

During and after the last ice age, when the ice caps were bigger, it is estimated that the oceans were over 100 metres lower, resulting in an area of land almost three times the size of Canada exposed more than today. They have recently found buried/submerged cultures and stonework many, many miles underwater off the coasts that throws all contemporary archaeology into question, particularly the origins of civilization being far, far earlier than previously thought.

Link, good sir?