Prometheon

The Random Fact Thread!

Guest jsunC

I actually didn't mean it like that. The thought just popped into my head while i was reading your theory and i thought you all needed to know !

Link, good sir?

Yasa's right, it's from an archaeology book/peer reviewed journal thing I own, I don't know if it is on the internet.

You can easily find that sea levels were definitely that much lower by searching it though.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/warnings/waterworld/

seasia118.jpeg

Since civilization almost always takes root on coasts (and river deltas), not inland, a huge part of the historical record has been lost. They've found giant stone cities and temples underwater off the coasts of India, Japan and a few other places. Some of these things appear to date from well over 10,000 years ago. (According to contemporary archaeology, man had just begun making mudbrick a little over 7000 years ago).

Fascinating book.

Edited by Ravenous Yam

Since civilization almost always takes root on coasts (and river deltas), not inland, a huge part of the historical record has been lost. They've found giant stone cities and temples underwater off the coasts of India, Japan and a few other places. Some of these things appear to date from well over 10,000 years ago. (According to contemporary archaeology, man had just begun making mudbrick a little over 7000 years ago).

Actually, that was all just Atlantis. Didn't you know?

When short people are excessively aggressive it's often called the Napoleon Complex given that Napoleon was said to be short. This is because his height is often misquoted as 5'2" in reality he was 5'6" which is slightly short by today's standards but considered average during his time.

i think we are meant to be, pavel.

speaking of meant to be, brenda lost her virginity to dylan on beverly hills, 90210. it was prom night. who loses it on prom night in a hotel room? cool kids do it the day before as to be able to do it a lot the night of prom because their parents were foolish enough to let them both sleep over at a friends, unsupervised.

When short people are excessively aggressive it's often called the Napoleon Complex given that Napoleon was said to be short. This is because his height is often misquoted as 5'2" in reality he was 5'6" which is slightly short by today's standards but considered average during his time.

i'm 5' 2" in reality.

weird.