Prometheon

Superman!

i thought it was pure shit.

nice to look at, but really not worth seeing. brandon routh was alright as supes, but bosworth was awful and kevin spacey has been bald and evil before and did it better the first time.

its main flaw was that it was horribly written. i've read only a handful of superman comics in my time, but none were as bad as this. seeing as how this film takes place after superman II , you'd think they'd remember to include the fact that clark revealed his identity to lois... well they didnt bother to address it whatsoever and as a result it kindof leaves the movies with this huge continuity error.

consequently, i had a lot of time in the theatre to think about how much i didnt like the character superman. the whole deal about having him working at a newspaper but no one is smart enough there to figure out who he really is, even the chick he comes face-to-face with often or the punk kid who is constantly photographing the man of steel. not to mention how the dude has all these powers but decides to spend his time handling petty crime in one goddamn city. instead of... oh.. i dont know... foreign aid or something. at least batman's purpose is to contend with something challenging. cleaning up a city is fine for that character because its a task that's much larger than he and relevant to his personal life.