mself084

Canada Day

do any calgarians know if anything good is going on today? like downtown or anything for canada day? im trying to find something fun to do, but im having a hard time. i might just go wander around downtown aimlessly. well i have an aim, but im not sure what it is.

do any calgarians know if anything good is going on today? like downtown or anything for canada day? im trying to find something fun to do, but im having a hard time. i might just go wander around downtown aimlessly. well i have an aim, but im not sure what it is.

Prince's Island Park always has a huge Canada Day thing, but since its fucking POURING rain right now I don't know how awesome it will be.

There's a neato ribfest out by Pearson airport every year. Have been going there a few years with the family. It doesn't suck. It's the only time of year I can get my hands on some decent pulled pork. And kettle corn. Oh how I love the kettle corn.

I live down the street from Centennial park (where the ribfest is), and was just there. I'll probably go back tonight for the fireworks.

Small world.

maybe you and adam can create some fireworks of your own ;)

oh, and i just committed to watching some single a baseball tonight at the best little ballpark in north america, followed by some fireworks. then i go downtown and get completely hammered for the second consecutive night. i still need to find a DD.

do any calgarians know if anything good is going on today?

There's your problem. Fun in Calgary? Ha ha ha.

P.S. Seanathon - wouldn't it be cool if we met but didn't know it and got into a fight over a parking space (or something like that) and whining about it on the Bored?

that reminds me. once i was on my way to a girlfriends parent's house for some kind of family get together, and i cut some guy off, then slowed down and was being a jerk, he sped up next to me and we had some words, and then a few minutes later pulled up to the same house. it was her uncle.

Now that's how you make an impression.

My uncle was telling me today that when he was introduced to his future brother-in-law (that is, his wife's sister's boyfriend) they were at some fancy restaurant and they were left alone at the table. Then some waiter, trying to make creme brulee, set himself on fire, and they burst into laughter. So my uncle told his sister-in-law that she had to marry the guy. And she did. Now they aren't allowed to be alone together anymore.

There probably is, but it hasn't found its way to me yet. Suffice to say the two of them are appropriately nuts and putting the two of them together without the presence of womenfolk would result in a great number of things catching on fire or blowing up.

Lo and behold, an argument did break out between me and another ribfest-goer. But that was because they were standing in front of us as the fireworks were going. Why the hell is it with these Carribbean stereotypes that when you tell them to do something (i.e. not stand in our way) they try to use strawmen techniques to draw attention to the fact that we didn't say "please" when they're being fucking ignorant? God, I hate people.

at 7, some friends called and said they'd be at my house in half an hour to take me away. so another friend came over and kept her car here and we both got picked up and halfway to our destination, i finally found out where we were going. petrolia fireworks. that was fun. i wanted to go out after but no one was up for it so we all went home and i watched part of canadian bacon. i love alan alda.

Prince's Island Park always has a huge Canada Day thing, but since its fucking POURING rain right now I don't know how awesome it will be.

i went.

it was sweet. i got soaked, but it was all in good fun. i wanted to mosh, there was some band that reminded me of fall out boy, i wanted to kill them, by moshing. i stayed there for 5 mins then went to enjoyable things, like face painting.

all in all it was a fun day.

did you get your face painted?

yes i did.

i got it painted as batman. i know its not to Canadian like, but all the other kids had superheroes. i dont have any pics. damn it. but my other firrends got spiderman, and catwoman. it was a good time. but when it rained it freaking ran down my face. then i looked like evil batman. with a GOATEE!!!