Ryan44

Clubs/instruments Your Parents Made You Do

there was tonnes of junk my parents made me do when i was younger that was supposed to "be for my benefit"

maybe it has turned out to be for the better, but at the time, i hated it

My mom made me do piano lessons. i sucked for about 3 of 5 years, and i had teachers that i hated. but now i regret quitting. it helped me pick up guitar faster, but now i wanna play again. damn me and my selfishness!

cubs/scouts. i did that bullshit for a few years. what i waste of time. all i made was enemies, kids that i wanted to kill. the only thing good is that i can do knots, and i can start a fire no problem, anywhere.

what did your parents make u do?

ballet?

tap dancing?

piano!?

discuss!

i did gymnastics and swimming and baseball and dance and i think that was about it. my parents pulled me out of gymnastics and swimming, claiming that i didn't want to anymore, even though i very much remembered loving both. i pretty much chose to do dance and baseball, as i was like 13. but now i sit on my butt all day.

I got started in tennis for a bit and after a while I realized that I wasn't any good. I mean, I was at it for about two or three seasons, and started in minor competitive leagues and wasn't winning a damn thing. So I got very unmotivated and didn't want to do it anymore. My mom saw it as an excellent opportunity to try and instill that "Don't give up just because it looks bad" thing into me and forced me to go anyways.

Guest jsunC

when i was younger my parents made me do the whole swimming classes thing until i got kicked out for swearing at my teacher. I did Taekwon-Do for a couple of years and quit when i was like 9. But i started again last summer

Damn... I'm jealous. My parents were the opposite and wouldn't let me join things. I wanted soccer and piano and other stuff, and I got some queer boy scout thing. Which I got kicked out of.

The one thing they did let me in was friday night basketball league.

For a while my parents made me do some kind of sports night, it was boring and useless.

They made me do swimming until I was old enough to just refuse to go.

They made me do piano lessons, which I really did not want to do, but that turned ouyt for the best, I'm still taking piano lessons, I play keyboards in a band, and I want to be be a professional pianist/keyboardist/composer for a living.

Your parents had to force a few of you to play hockey,golf, and baseball? I can see why they would have to force you to play like soccer, but those other sports are fun (well baseball starts to suck at a certain point).

Piano lessons. I don't remember whether or not I had a choice in taking them to begin with when I was 4 or 5. I liked them for a bit, but got bored when I got into grade 6 (or sometime around there). I quit right before I went into grade 9. I think I'd like to take it up again, but just for fun. Trumpet is my main instrument now.

and me.

i took piano for a few years. and i was in brownies/guides from when i was 7 to when i was 12 or something. the girls were such bitches. i know that i was a spaz when i was younger, but all i needed was some tlc.

I was in brownies/girl guides for something like 3 years. Those girls were total bitches! I quit because it ended up being on the same night as baseball.

All I got to do when I was younger was baseball. I would have loved swimming lessons or something but we were hella-poor and I wansn't allowed.

A short-lived piano stint, swimming lessons, judo, and ballet class. The only thing that ever stuck was ballet, which I'm still doing to this day.

Everything else can suck my non-existant balls. I hated them all.