somnambulist

My Bike Was Stolen In Downtown Vancouver!

My bike was stolen from the front of my building on Seymour Street in Downtown Vancouver, on the night of July 2nd, 2006. They cut the lock with cutters. It may have been caught on tape, I am waiting for my building manager to contact me.

The bike looks like this:

1430508517-Little%20grey%20bike.jpg

If you see it anywhere in the Vancouver area, please call the police non-emergency line at 604-717-3321 and report the location and description of people seen with it.

I can't really offer any reward because I don't have a lot of money. I have had this bike for years and I love it, I worked my first job and saved for months to buy it, and I would like to get it back if at all possible. If you see it, please report it and let me know here or through private message. Thanks, I appreciate any help very much.

-Kevin Brost

Maybe it'd be helpful (to the people who live in that area) if you left any distinctive marks, decals, accessories, etc on it. Because it's a sorta conventional looking bike, and so there could be difficulty in determining if it's the actual same one.

Edited by HoboFactory

Well all the stock decals are still there and I haven't seen another bike like it for a long time... Mosh bikes are quite uncommon. It's got aftermarket Kenda K-RAD tires if that is helpful at all. The top tube decal says "Royal" and there are two stars next to it. Also the front fork says "MOSH" and "100% Cro-Moly". The lower chain tube says "100% Aluminum". Most of the parts also have a "MOSH" or "M" logo imprinted/painted on.

Edited by kirbenvost

Yeah...this is an apartment building and I should've put it down in the bike room, but I was absent-minded and in a hurry, locked it up in front of the door, so next thing I know, no bike. I will definitely be buying a more secure lock and being more mindful of where I leave my bike.

Thanks again guys for offering to look out for it.

if it makes you feel any better, the person who stole your bike is likely an addict with a crappy life and they will die soon.

Only if that would make my bike return to me. ;) Most likely some other addict will happen by and my bike will be his... :angry: It's probably already been spray-painted and sold by now...

Edited by kirbenvost

My drivers license number??? Ive never heard of doing that... well I do have my original sales receipt with the Serial Number.

I do have indoor storage, I was just an idiot in a hurry and decided to lock it up outside, and then neglected to remember to bring it inside...

It's probably already been spray-painted and sold by now...

yeah circa winnipeg 1994. junkies dont care about spray painting bikes. it was sold as is for $60 to some punk.

you'll never find it, cops have a hard enough time recovering stolen vehicles that they actually spend time looking for, so bite the bullet and start saving for a new one.

adam, the last time i was on seymour, i was at the penthouse at 2:30am. and i was on no shape to be stealing/riding bikes.

Edited by one_trick_pony

Haha, well if he did do it and wanted to give it back, I'd make it worth his while... :angry:

...by not reporting him to the cops! ;)

oh that would be hilarious.

but seriously, move on. its a big city full of theives. that's why you either keep it out of site, or live in a nice neighbourhood.

If you're just going to be mean about it, why do you bother posting? I already know I was an idiot for leaving the bike out where it could be stolen, and using a lock that's easily cut. I just created the topic in the off chance that maybe someone might spot it somewhere.

I'm well aware of the fact that I will probably never see it again, and I might as well start saving, however there's a very very slight chance I may get it back, so why not try at least?

Edited by kirbenvost

you're posting on a board that has a majority of its members residing on the other side of the country, an even larger majority are sarcastic sonsofbitches, AND if you really wanted to make an effort to find your bike, you'd close this window, open microsoft publisher and make a "missing" poster with a picture of your bike on it and post it on every corner.