somnambulist

My Bike Was Stolen In Downtown Vancouver!

Guest jsunC
If you're just going to be mean about it, why do you bother posting? I already know I was an idiot for leaving the bike out where it could be stolen, and using a lock that's easily cut. I just created the topic in the off chance that maybe someone might spot it somewhere.

I'm well aware of the fact that I will probably never see it again, and I might as well start saving, however there's a very very slight chance I may get it back, so why not try at least?

it really wasn't that mean of a post.

you're posting on a board that has a majority of its members residing on the other side of the country, an even larger majority are sarcastic sonsofbitches, AND if you really wanted to make an effort to find your bike, you'd close this window, open microsoft publisher and make a "missing" poster with a picture of your bike on it and post it on every corner.

Well unfortunately I haven't got a printer of my own but perhaps I'll make a visit to staples. I know there are some Vancouver people here so it was worth a try. I've also been posting on some Vancouver-based boards, this is by no means the only thing I've been doing. I've already been around the area the day after to see if it was still nearby in the hands of some crackhead, but no luck. And like you say, I'll probably never see it again, so I'm likely wasting the effort.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's been supportive. It may be a lost cause, but I appreciate it.

a smart thing to do is to look in places where they might have ditched the bike. my dad had his bike stolen and they found it in a ditch, sort of under a bridge, 20 walking minutes away.

Good call...

Goodluck with the search, sorry to hear your bike is gone.

The $100 bike lock in that article that was given a top rating. Seriously. A 5K warranty if your bike is stolen and no mofo (black, obviously) is gonna saw through it.

yeah, that lock is great if you have something within 12" to lock it to.

Well guys, I think I'm giving up the search and moving on... time to start thinking about exploring more options and experiencing things with other bikes... heh.

Thanks for the support, and I suppose if any of you are down in Van and happen to see a crackhead on a little grey bike, feel free to kick his ass.