one great thing about owning a car is that you dont have to worry about it going on strike like public transportation. Stupid OC Transpo, and it was right before exams too.  GO FOR THE CAR, I live right accross the street from a major bus stop in ottawa, and i wish i had a car.  to many crazy people on the bus.

Hence the valuable lesson: live on campus.

Yea....only if you can afford the $5000 (roughly, I paid $5284 for 8 months...600/month) and don't mind putting up with drunks who are up at ungodly hours of the night banging on doors. Or the ones who try to cook pop-tarts at night and burn them, and then open their main door to let the smoke get to the main firealarm....oh how I don't miss those alarms, just the drunkin festivities.

Next Morning: "Ugh how'd I get here...where the hell is my wallet?!"

ah good times....it had it's up and downs...mainly downs.

once i took skytrain at 2am, and i kept pressing the silent security alarm strip, nothing happened for a few stations, then at the 4th, 4 security guards and two cops came on. i said "oh, the little asian chick being harassed by the three drunk guys? they're long gone"

If you need a student loan you obviously don't have the money to lease a car. Don't waste your money. I don't know exactly where you're driving to and from, but I can guarantee you it's not gonna take you half an hour

Did I read something about GO Transit and TTC merging their fares or something like that?

I bet you exposed the extremely lax security that the SkyTrain service offers and made them shape up.

i'm a very non imposing person. i have dropped some serious one-liners with cops and other officials and they can laugh and joke back. the only place i keep my mouth shut is the airport.

If you need a student loan you obviously don't have the money to lease a car. Don't waste your money. I don't know exactly where you're driving to and from, but I can guarantee you it's not gonna take you half an hour

Did I read something about GO Transit and TTC merging their fares or something like that?

There was some talk of merging the fare systems of the GTA with a smart card, but I think that was between mississauga transit, YRT, TTC and Pickering Transit. I don't know if GO was involved. You would probably still need to pay every time you switched between services.

Guest jsunC

Mitsibushi Lancer, base model 4 door.

Great on gas, great warranty, decent looking.

However meg, i recommend just living there, and not getting yourself a car.

toyota corolla, yaris, honda civic, hyundai elantra, accent.

all of those will run anyone with decent credit around 180-250 a month.

lancer is a nice car, but only if you get the top model. the entry level ones use cheaper paint and different components. tons of complaints about transmission/transfer case and paint chipping.

one great thing about owning a car is that you dont have to worry about it going on strike like public transportation. Stupid OC Transpo, and it was right before exams too.  GO FOR THE CAR, I live right accross the street from a major bus stop in ottawa, and i wish i had a car.  to many crazy people on the bus.

Hence the valuable lesson: live on campus.

Yea....only if you can afford the $5000 (roughly, I paid $5284 for 8 months...600/month) and don't mind putting up with drunks who are up at ungodly hours of the night banging on doors. Or the ones who try to cook pop-tarts at night and burn them, and then open their main door to let the smoke get to the main firealarm....oh how I don't miss those alarms, just the drunkin festivities.

Next Morning: "Ugh how'd I get here...where the hell is my wallet?!"

ah good times....it had it's up and downs...mainly downs.

HAHA you complain aboout that now, but you had a good time and you know it.. LoL, and about the pop tarts they were always good trading items for stoned drunks, I'd gladly trade a pack of pop tarts for a few beers.

And as for you loosing your wallet. Well that's just your drunk ass fault, you didn't have to drink those drinks. but yet again peer pressure came through. But seeing colin drunk that night was priceless.

The expense of leasing a car will be nothing compared to the insurance. That will be super expensive.

Traffic in TO makes me want to kill people. I could never live there and even avoid visiting at all costs.

Traffic isn't that bad. Really. Just know when to take the TTC or walk or what have you.

That, and the traffic is usually worth the wait for wherever you're going to.

Closed by indirect request, if a little late.

here in my car

I feel safest of all

I can lock all my doors

it's the only way to live

in cars

Edited by Sparq