Public Transit Your Call

Which would you rather..  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather..

• Car
    • Bus
    • Walking *cuz your a hippy*
    • Other *as in borrowing your neighbours car without his or her knowledge*

Ok so here it is.. this is your chance to stick up for you prefered method of transportation in the city..

I still think public transit blows balls... but it's the only way to get to and from work cheap.

Wow, what a shitty poll.

For me, it's subway/streetcar. I generally hate buses, but subways and streetcars are very smooth to ride on, and efficient. Environmentally responsible, you could say.

For the record, I want to carpool with this guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7RH7Ca4gUp4

Well I guess if you thought sucking cock for bus fare was hard.. I guess it's gotta be like 100X harder to get a ride to work from this guy.

Nah. my shitty poll is ok for now.. it get's the vauge point across

Edited by jtb

Light rail, definitely. Parking for cars in downtown Portland is not only often difficult to come by, but also quite expensive. There are also lots of narrow one-way streets which makes traffic flow slowly and when it gets jammed it's ridiculous. With rail there's none of that to worry about.

if its a nice day and no more than 5 blocks, i will walk. i've never really taken the bus and when i have it's from toronto to newmarket and that sucks very much. i would prefer to drive myself but haven't yet the proper legal requirements, so parents drive me or friends do (i have to give the far away ones gas money, of course).

I'll go with public transportation. It's pretty easy to use here (Navigo is a godsend), although it really isn't all that efficient. The politicians were discussing some sort of "rapid-transit" system that would've been quicker and more energy efficient. The city was also looking at light rail, too, if I recall correctly. I think they were going to use Portland as a model.

if its a nice day and no more than 5 blocks, i will walk. i've never really taken the bus and when i have it's from toronto to newmarket and that sucks very much. i would prefer to drive myself but haven't yet the proper legal requirements, so parents drive me or friends do (i have to give the far away ones gas money, of course).

Lucky for you if you go to Carleton, your life will become public transit. You can make for all those missed hours on the bus and then some. ;)

Ah yes OC Transpo...the biggest advice I can give you about it:

WATCH OUT FOR THE CREEPOS!!!

So yea goodluck with that, and it's a great way to get around town. Oh and Lauren, don't worry about learning the transit system, I'm sure you'll pick it up quick enough.

i went with walking, i just find that the seats on the ottawa buses are too hard, i mean, if you put i peace of fabric over a seat, that doesnt mean it has padding. as for drive, damn gas prices and insurance. so i will go with walking.

ooooh.. and you could always take the O-Train. Now THAT'S a classy way to travel. But honestly, its a good transit system aside from the CREEPOS. ;)

Only problem with Carleton is that it isn't very "central", so to get anywhere fun, (i.e. the market) you'll need to take a couple buses or mooch a ride.