Public Transit Your Call

Which would you rather..  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather..

• Car
    • Bus
    • Walking *cuz your a hippy*
    • Other *as in borrowing your neighbours car without his or her knowledge*

For the record, the LRT line in Toronto is a fucking joke. I'm convinced it was an experiment by the provincial government to take a giant crap on Toronto and leave it there for 25 years. The subway or streetcar is the only decent way to get around town, and the subway system is pretty much shit unless you're travelling in the downtown core.

Also, in general, I love driving, so I'll have to go with that.

Oh don't get me wrong I love driving to. But when your in the city that's about the best you can do.. and as for the creeps there usually aviodable. just stay off the 97...

Guest jsunC

i hate the bus. In my city it takes about 1 hour to get where you're going on the bus. It's usually faster to walk, but since i have a car i use that

I don't know.. I think that Azalroth can vouch for me on the 97. Crazy chicks telling me that they commited some kinda murder and that there going to kill me next... and rambling on about there brother.. i think I posted this some where else awhile ago.. maybe in super pet peves.

but maybe you have a better story.. let me know.

OC Transpo gets the job done for me, but yeah, just like any transit system, there's alot of creeps. I take the 87 or the 97 - maybe I'm one of them too?

Edit: yes... yes i am.

Edited by mself084

I think we all are.

On that note, Garsk and I were taking the 97 home tonight and we came up with a game to play when your comming home on a bus that picks up people downtown when the bars are getting out. It's called spot the one who's gonna puke first. That's right they get on and you pick the one who's gonna raplh first. Then after that pick the people who are the most likely to bitch and complain about what just happened on the bus. It seemed to pass the time espically she raplhed and we all laughed and cracked jokes about the people who were bitching.

but that's all for now.

only on the 95, 96 and 97 routes on Friday and Saturday nights. i dont know if it is all because of the over drinking, but i think some of the blame is for the bus drivers who dont know how to stop and start driving properly.

i can deal with sweat. but does it smell like alcohol puke? is it like, don't wear your nice sandles because there is no way to walk around all the puke on the buses? perhaps i should invest in some hipwaiters?

it usually happens at night when the drunks are coming out of the bars, but during the days is when the crazies are out. usually it is pretty easy to find the ones that are going to puke on the bus, they are the ones that cant keep their heads up. and the buses are big so you can hide from the smell (plus there are windows for fresh air). It is during the day when the crazies are out, that is when you gotta have your attention up, cause you have know idea which ones are crazy.

my advice Lauren is; always go out to bars at night in a group, so you can all go in for a cab ride home, it is faster, and the cabbie will stop for the people who have to puke.

i would always go with a group of friends. i am fairly certain that i will get raped if i go out alone. when i babysat kids and the dads drove me home, i was very nervous.

and i think i may have convinced the parents to get me an ipod. but mon was drunk so who knows.

theres a night bus in vancouver. i took it once with a couple girls i met because they thought "the driving alternative" was a waste of money. tons of drunks -- no puking.

either people in vancouver handle their liquor better, or they puke first... because i never hear about puke on transit.

i would always go with a group of friends. i am fairly certain that i will get raped if i go out alone. when i babysat kids and the dads drove me home, i was very nervous.

and i think i may have convinced the parents to get me an ipod. but mon was drunk so who knows.

Is that why women always carry around vasline?

women don't usually carry around vaseline. most have some sort of lip balm (regular vaseline) and some carry around lotion (vaseline intensive care). i carry around both but only because i need to be fully moisturized at all times. i have extremely soft hands. i carry around nivea creme in my purse and my pencil care and i use burt's bees on my lips.